imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > imfdb

Old 03-24-2011, 01:01 AM
IMFDB Admin

Default SPACEart.de

Lately, there has been a user named SPACEart who's been uploading several images of his replica weapons that are modeled after the custom weapons in Aliens, Blade II, and Escape from New York. The user has also posted a link to the SPACEart.de website where apparently these are for sale. Just wondering what are some of the fellow mods' feelings about this. Is this okay or should this be discouraged?
Old 03-24-2011, 02:14 AM

I'm one for Discourageing such things. We should be showing the real film props not some cheap knockoff made by someone who probably hasn't even seen the real prop.
Old 03-24-2011, 06:23 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockwolf66 View Post
I'm one for Discourageing such things. We should be showing the real film props not some cheap knockoff made by someone who probably hasn't even seen the real prop.
How do you know he hasn't seen the original? From what I"ve seen, the props look pretty good, and the pics are only of fantasy weapons (but ones which qualify to be included in the Fictional firearms section). They aren't bad as placeholders until we can get really great pics of the original props. In some of the cases, the original props are 'no more, so a replica or authorized commercial copy is the only high quality pic we're going to get.

I don't have a problem with it. As long as the replica pics look good and they LOOK like the original weapons.
Old 03-24-2011, 10:30 PM
Site Manager

Here is what I posted on his user page:

Quote:
Spam

I can not help but feel you are spamming the pages with your products. The images you are putting up are watermarked, are not actual screen used props, and you are including outbound links to the product pages. You're also not making any other contributions to the site. The outbound links need to be removed and the images you've uploaded need to be off the main pages and on the discussion pages unless they are actual screen used props. bunni 22:00, 23 March 2011 (CDT)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008
He doesn't. He just floats around and lets the members of the Imperium decide on the fate of condemned pages. He gave the membership the power and thus trusts us to use it wisely.......
Old 03-25-2011, 12:04 AM

I know we have agreements with a few prophouses to use their images of movie firearms and such. other than those agreements I as a singular member do not wish to see people just using our site as a way to pimp their own interests. Least we should do is kill all those links to their site as we have not agreed to advertise for them.
Old 03-25-2011, 03:19 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunni View Post
Here is what I posted on his user page:
Of course I yield to our leader He more wise than I. Never thought that the user was (a) only putting in pics that directed traffic towards a commercial site and (b) only put in links to same said site, and (c) did no other contributions to IMFDB. I stand corrected
Old 03-26-2011, 04:25 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

I agree with Bunni - it's one thing to use pictures of replica versions of the props, but this dude is obviously trying to use our site to promote his own - without permission. It would be one thing if he came to us first and asked, but he hasn't done that. I say remove 'em.
Old 04-03-2011, 01:47 PM

Yeah, I agree with Bunni as well.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 04-09-2011, 06:02 AM

So are we going to pull all this guys stuff as it's pretty obvious that they are useing out site to advertize their product. Basically remove everything they have put up as it's all watermarked with their site?