imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > imfdb

Old 07-30-2010, 03:49 PM

Default A small question on image policy

I noticed that some users artificially alter the brightness and hue of their caps. Is it up to the user or is there some sort of official rule that regulates the extent of such editing?
Old 07-30-2010, 05:47 PM
IMFDB Admin

There aren't any rules, so it's up to the user. You can over do it when it comes brightening and enhancing.

I have slightly brightened a few images I've done, but only because it's shot really dark and identification is hard. I try not to mess with the colors if I can help it.

If it's a question of who has the better screencap, post both of them up on the discussion page and let other users decide.
Old 08-01-2010, 06:03 AM
IMFDB Admin

Since the purpose of IMFDB is to verify the usage and existence of guns in a particular scene, there is nothing wrong with brightening the image to see the gun better. Many films are intentionally 'low/dark/contrast' for artistic purposes, but it makes looking at a still image difficult.

The ultimate standard is "Is the screencap crisp, clear and show the weapon as best as possible?"

Personally I LIKE the brighter images, since the point is to prove our gun information on each page. Now if the post processing makes the screencap look WORSE than of course it should not be done, but I've seen users really IMPROVE the screenshots.