imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 02-02-2010, 04:41 AM
Hunter84

Default Resident Evil weapons (airsoft)

Hi guys

i'm a big Resident Evil fan, and i was thinking of making an airsoft (if possible) of the flamethrower from Resident Evil (original)/RE2 which are both based on the m240 flamethrower from Aliens, i was thinking of using the upper reciver from a m16a1, and for internals a mac 11 or a mac10 with an extended barrel, for the trigger to trim it as flat as possible to the under body but have it still work, for the mag have it hidden inside the fake fuel canister, and with some parts added for more details, but the flamethrower from RE remake i'm having a difficult time to figure out what i could use to make the body, and like the other one, the mag could be stored inside the fake fuel canister (if possible) maybe use a aeg for internals, what would u guys think is the best way to do it?
Old 02-02-2010, 05:14 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

As a former Airsofter, I have to say this is a very weird idea. I mean, there's no purpose for something so abstract to use during a skirmish.

It wasn't even a useful zombie slaying weapon in the game. Just give up and get the other collectors editions of RE guns.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 02-02-2010, 03:38 PM

As ridiculous as it may sound, there have been custom-made airsoft flamethrowers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqn-mUrpV8E

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 02-02-2010, 03:39 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

I've seen those Airsoft flame throwers.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle

Old 02-02-2010, 04:33 PM
Hunter84

the flamethrower from RE (origianl) and RE2 are based on the Aliens m240 flamethrower, it used a m16a1 body, and other added parts, and there is no room to make it the way others are making theirs, also the flamethrower from RE remake is a bit different too, and do u guys think i could make them using other airsofts weapons and still make it look like a flamethrowers?
Old 02-02-2010, 08:43 PM

Just grab yourself the STARS custom Beretta. That's much more interesting than a flamethrower.
Old 02-03-2010, 04:13 AM
IMFDB Admin

Or the Umbrella revolver

Old 02-03-2010, 05:03 AM

Heck yes.
God I love small arms.
Old 02-03-2010, 05:14 AM
IMFDB Admin

Look, Hunter84, I have to ask do you plan to play in a skirmish with other Airsofters, because if you do, a "flame thrower" Airsoft weapon is a bit stupid, you'll get tagged just because you are carrying a stupid weapon. It's cool as a collector's item, but it wont be cool to shoot with when your running and gunning and I've seen people who noob the shit out of their rifles with unnecessary accessories like a foregrip, 6x scopes, and flashlights.

Old 02-03-2010, 05:46 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
Look, Hunter84, I have to ask do you plan to play in a skirmish with other Airsofters, because if you do, a "flame thrower" Airsoft weapon is a bit stupid, you'll get tagged just because you are carrying a stupid weapon. It's cool as a collector's item, but it wont be cool to shoot with when your running and gunning and I've seen people who noob the shit out of their rifles with unnecessary accessories like a foregrip, 6x scopes, and flashlights.
Maybe a collector's item is a good enough reason? When I used to be into airsoft, I knew lots of people who bought guns that they never actually took to skirmishes (in some cases, never even fired at all), but they bought those weapons strictly for collector value. As far I'm concerned, there's nothing wrong with it.

The same applies to real guns, too.