imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > imfdb

Old 04-19-2012, 02:20 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
Like I said, it's a bit hard to classify. IMDb lists it as a TV series, but it feels more like a short feature that was just cut into ten segments. Unlike a more conventional series, with multiple writers and directors, there's just one writer and director.
In this case, I would follow IMDB, which is what we tend to do, anyway.
Old 04-19-2012, 03:25 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

So then if it is on IMDB, we could make a page out of it?

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 04-19-2012, 05:19 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Whenever I think I might be brushing up against the eligibility requirements like with this or Archer, I just want to run it past the admins first. I'd hate to set a bad precedent.

If there are no objections, I'll put it up tomorrow.
Old 04-19-2012, 02:34 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
So then if it is on IMDB, we could make a page out of it?
Anything that has at least one real firearm in it that isn't a documentary, a short film or a cartoon that is professionally distributed. (Did I miss anything?)
Old 04-22-2012, 07:00 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
Like I said, it's a bit hard to classify. IMDb lists it as a TV series, but it feels more like a short feature that was just cut into ten segments. Unlike a more conventional series, with multiple writers and directors, there's just one writer and director.
the problem we are going to run into here is that NEW MEDIA is changing the face of what we call Movies and what we call TV shows. I suspect that there will be more and more media created specifically for streaming onto Computers and mobile devices. The future is changing rapidly and media is being redefined all the time. IMDB is no longer the benchmark it used to be since a ton of student made shorts got onto the site (due to some clever tricks to fool the IMDB mods) and the fact that there are now tons of obscure 'film festivals' around the world, in which to qualify the title.

I would say do it. Make the page, but with a very clearly worded caveat that this is 'new media' i.e. web based content and that you (or whoever creates the page) put on a notation that this title was approved by the mods and that all new media must be run by the mods to see if it qualifies.

Web series unfortunately can be just like 'self distributed video features through Amazon". Once Amazon allowed ANYONE to distribute their own video movies for a fee, it changed our definition of 'professional channels of commerce'.

So far I like our standards of what we do or do not allow. It keeps the site relevant to people truly interested in film history, etc.
Old 04-23-2012, 03:10 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Confession,_The_%282011%29
Old 04-25-2012, 03:14 PM
Formerly "Checkman"
IMFDB Admin

What about the webisode that they made to accompany The Walking Dead? Rex Linn is the soon to be dead neighobr that provides the Mossberg 500 to the husband. Can we list that on his page under television? I didn't know what to do so I listed it on his discussion page. There are screencaps from the webisode on the Walking Dead page. God I hate the future.