imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > imfdb

Old 01-31-2011, 10:32 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
Of course I love the fact that we have such awesome pics, and that we were the first place to have them. But I'm not nearly as enthusiastic about the idea that they're exclusively for our use. I would be perfectly fine with other sites using some of our images as long as they credited us (which is what the person on Wikipedia who used the Px4 pics failed to do). But since I didn't take the pics myself, it's not my call.

Also, while I don't agree with Burt that the 'Net is some free-for-all where anything that can be downloaded is fair game for limitless distribution, I do think he's got a point that it's not going to be easy to clamp down on everyone who tries to use our images. As IMFDB gets more popular (which has been the trend of the last 3 years that I've been here), more people are going to see our gun images, not read our rules, and try to download them for use on their own sites. We can control a handful of Wikipedia users who upload our images without permission, but we won't be able to handle hundreds of users who post our images on other Wikis that aren't as stringent about enforcing copyrights.

And remember that the 'Net is full of people who think that Intellectual Property is some outdated 20th century concept.
I never said it would be EASY to police the net. I just said that in order to protect what is yours, you have to fight for it. NO one is going to catch all the idiots who steal pics, but the WIKIPEDIA example is more egregious since that user openly claimed CREDIT that the images were his. Some kid stealing one of MY PICS for his stupid gaming site isn't gonna cause a melt down and Burt's implication that I'm somehow irrational for not liking people ripping off my work was insulting, thus my disdain for him

Well, from now on I can post all gun pics like THIS....

What do you think?
Old 01-31-2011, 07:34 PM

Needs more iridescent purple.
A kid in green tights broke into my house and smashed all my shit with a sword. Fuck video games.
Old 02-01-2011, 01:16 AM

Please don't as I'll have issues convincing friends of mine to send you money so that they may use your pictures in their gaming products. Trust me when i say that MPM makes some of the best Firearms photos on the net, and that is why people want to use them. Now I have informed people that should they want to use MPM's Images for say a gaming book then all they have to do is ask MPM if they can use them.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:37 AM

Oh man, that gun is teh sexy!
I need a Desert Eagle with the same IMFDB theme going on.