imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > imfdb

Old 03-17-2012, 11:17 PM
IMFDB Chief of Operations

Default New idea to help identify guns

So a while ago I started the Manufacturer pages as a way to help identify guns. I had another idea that I wanted to try on for size with people. Recently, I was working on CSI Miami - Season 9 and came across a submachine gun that I didn't recognize. I immediately went to the Category: Submachine Gun page but was forced to go through every link trying to find the one that I was looking for.

What do you guys think of adding a gallery of some sort to the Category pages that shows the BASIC models of the guns included? When I say basic I mean that we wouldn't need an image of the MAC-10, MAC-11 and Cobray M11/9. Seeing the basic MAC-10 would be enough to direct you to the MAC-10 page where you can figure out whether the gun you are looking at is in fact a MAC-10 or one of the other variants. Similarly, an image of any one of the MP5s would suffice, we wouldn't need images of each of the variants.

If I can get the okay from at least one admin, I would love to try this out on the Submachine Gun page and see what you all think. :-)

-Zack
Old 03-18-2012, 07:20 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

For a while, I think it'd be nice to have a "photo array" as well, but I couldn't think of a good way to implement it. The manufacturer pages do a decent job for now though.