imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Guns & Movies

Old 03-24-2009, 12:47 AM
IMFDB Admin

Default Clint Eastwood film capping

I'm taking every Eastwood film I own and capping it now, starting with none other than the Dirty Harry series. No offense to Rafa but all of his pages covering Eastwood films are kind of poorly made and need a serious over haul, so I'll be taking those on. Some I don't own but I'll get them somehow.

Anyway, I personally believe the rumor that the .44 Magnum was in fact a Model 25 .45 LC, since .45 caliber looks close enough to a .44 (bigger in diameter in fact) and is a simple blank to aquire. For the other films, the whole "piecing together .44s" sound logical. I know that for the 4th film the AMP Automag was piece together from a gunsmith's parts, one real so Eastwood could shoot it and imitate the recoil, the second was a blank gun for the film. Anyway, I've heard people say his gun has the 8 3/8" barrel, yet it looks like a 6". What's up with that?
Old 03-24-2009, 12:57 AM

They say the 8 3/8 barrel model appeared when Harry was in the stadium and shot Scorpio, when he said "STOP!" but I think it was just the camera angle. Also I believe the rumor goes that it was a Model 57 and not a 25, though a 25 would have made a lot more sense.

I have all these movies too so if you want some help, I can take a few caps or help name guns too.
Old 03-24-2009, 02:05 AM
IMFDB Admin

Typically I find it more difficult to make pages with other people also taking caps, so I wouldn't encourage you to, but thanks for offering. Sometimes the gun looks like a 6" but other times it is definately an 8 3/8", so I'm going to have to settle on the 8".

I already have Dirty Harry capped, I'll be converting them to jpgs tonight and uploading tommorow. On the same day I'll do these first two steps for the next film, and repeat until all the movies are done.