imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > imfdb

Old 03-15-2012, 12:06 AM
IMFDB Chief of Operations

Default Infoboxes

I have done some messing around with making infoboxes for a wiki that I am making for my job and have FINALLY started to figure out the syntax for making a template based infobox. Is this something that people would like to see?

I know that a few attempts have been made at making an infobox (http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Template:Infobox_Movie). If this is something that was already decided NOT to do, then I apologize. If, however, this is something that people would like to see, I'd be really interested in helping create a working template. I'd love to hear some feedback. :-)

-Z
Old 03-15-2012, 05:11 PM

I think an info box with basic IMFDB-related info such as year produced and which company, if known, provided the weapons for the film, would be a useful addition.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 03-15-2012, 11:33 PM

made some modifications and put up an example. What additional information should be added?
Old 04-23-2012, 06:01 PM

I wanted to bump this topic... With the new discussion about an Infobox for Foreign tv shows, is there interest in trying to make these infoboxes the new standard for pages? I have made a template for foreign TV shows and for Movies. The templates are super easy to implement. I'd really like to hear from the admins about this. I am still relatively new around here so I don't want to be the new guy trying to change everything but it seems like at least a few admins like these infoboxes and I'd love to help with them...

-Z
Old 04-23-2012, 07:50 PM
IMFDB Admin

I am not for this. The amount of reworking that would need to be done to every movie page is just not a good use of resources and time. I think time would be better spent in the actual content of pages and the cleaning up of previous pages. Converting all the actor pages and the gun pages to the table format was a good idea, but that it still a big project that I would like to see finished first before we add any more info boxes.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:52 PM

Its a project I'm still working on. I just don't think it needs to be one or the other...