imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 05-26-2009, 06:41 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Well if the chinese invades, I gotta watch my back cause I'm a US born Chinese, and despite what I might say about being loyal to the USA, neighbors who see an invasion from my "brothers to the east" might not think too fondly of me anymore. It'll be like when the Japanese attacked the US during WWII, a lot of Japanese citizens were hated for no reason other than they being Japanese.

It's interesting to know who really is your friend when people who look just like you start attacking them. I hope at least in my life time or my children's children where the Chinese don't go to war with the US.

But for the sake of this topic, I'd sooner volunteer to the Armed forces as soon as possible to see if they have uses for someone like me

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 05-26-2009, 02:36 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
Well if the chinese invades, I gotta watch my back cause I'm a US born Chinese, and despite what I might say about being loyal to the USA, neighbors who see an invasion from my "brothers to the east" might not think too fondly of me anymore. It'll be like when the Japanese attacked the US during WWII, a lot of Japanese citizens were hated for no reason other than they being Japanese.

It's interesting to know who really is your friend when people who look just like you start attacking them. I hope at least in my life time or my children's children where the Chinese don't go to war with the US.

But for the sake of this topic, I'd sooner volunteer to the Armed forces as soon as possible to see if they have uses for someone like me
I don't think it'll happen. A reversion to the days before rapprochement is highly unlikely. Despite what some people believe, the Chinese are not going to overtake the U.S. any time soon, militarily or economically. U.S.-China relations for the next few decades are most likely to remain based on interdependence and co-existence rather than outright hostility. As long as they need us, it wouldn't make sense.

As far as mass-internment goes (in the event of such a scenario), I doubt the U.S. would try that again because (1.) there are too many people of Chinese descent in the U.S. already, and (2.) it's pointless; internment was used in WWII because our intelligence then wasn't nearly as sophisticated then as it is now.

Last edited by MT2008; 05-26-2009 at 02:39 PM.
Old 05-26-2009, 04:38 PM

Lets get back on topic:Weapons you wold go to war with,.

Id take an m1a with an ACOG, excellent firepower. A true combat rifle.
Something small, like a p90 or mp5 for close quarters/room clearing.
A 1911, probably dan wesson, and as many wilson combat mags as possible.
Old 05-27-2009, 01:30 AM
IMFDB Admin

I thought Red Dawn was about Russians invading America, not the Chinese (???)

You like your Dan Wesson 1911s, is their anything particularly unique about them over other 1911s, or do you just have a personal like for them?

I'd use what I have handy. Chances are you wouldn't get to customize an M1A and other fun toys when being invaded by a foreign country.
Old 05-27-2009, 01:53 AM

The Dan Wesson CBOB fits right in my hand and is a nice size for CC in the future.. They also make a top-notch product. The only problem they ever made is not advertising better. I fired a custom Les Baer that I loved but is it worth 2 dan wessons? I also like the SPringfield TRP. The Dan Wesson Valor is similar. It comes down to if you want a light rail i guess on that one.

It seems like your a colt guy, if im not mistaken?

And Red Dawn was Russians, Im just trying to modernize.
Old 05-27-2009, 02:06 AM

The weapons i list are my preferred though, odds are in a real invasion id be called active duty and issued an m16 a2 (no optics or accessories) and a .40 caliber p229dak.
Old 05-27-2009, 03:50 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
And Red Dawn was Russians, Im just trying to modernize.
Right, but nowadays, Islamists are the biggest threat to this country, not commies (and please note that the Chinese government is "communist" in name only nowadays). And the Islamists don't invade with conventional armies.

I know I'm being kind of hard on you, since you think of this as harmless fantasy, but fantasy is only fun if it has some basis in reality. That, and the fact that I love raining on people's parades when it comes to geopolitics. It's an awful temptation for those of us in poli sci.

Last edited by MT2008; 05-27-2009 at 03:55 AM.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:51 PM
IMFDB Admin

Yuck, politics. Leaves a bad taste in my mouth just saying it...
Old 05-27-2009, 10:18 PM

I hate politics, but when it comes to them I'm heavily opinionated
Old 05-31-2009, 04:12 AM

loadout? what is this airsoft??????