imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 06-18-2009, 11:18 PM

Nyles, while GM's .45 is a hybrid of a 1911 and an A1, the frames still a 1911, i hate seeing that done. Now if it was an ARMSCOR or RIA .45 I wouldn't care.
Old 06-19-2009, 05:00 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJedRevolver View Post
Not to S*** on your rif GM, but it seems turning a 1911, an original 1911 into a carbine like that, sacreligious.
The barrels are interchangeable and the mainspring house with the slots are interchangable. Nothing is perminant, it is just a fun way to change up the 1911 if I get bored of missing targets.

BTW, I planned to put the nickel comp on the Cara gun and refinish "gladys" as a display piece. I'll put all original M1911 parts on it and reblue it with milspec. It won't be original but it will look nice. I never planned on selling it anyway.

The compensator is actually quite different from the Punisher '04 style, because those were two cut comps that threaded to the front of the barrel. Mine are three cuts that replace the barrel bushing completely. Makes the slide a little heavier but it still functions fine.

And why a Colt slide? My dad has plenty handy, I'm using what I have to work with. And I like Colt, I trust them and they work.
Old 06-19-2009, 05:03 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Nyles, while GM's .45 is a hybrid of a 1911 and an A1, the frames still a 1911, i hate seeing that done. Now if it was an ARMSCOR or RIA .45 I wouldn't care.
Like I said though, I was given it as is. Once I build the Cara gun I'll make the pistol an ALL M1911 and give it the respect it deserves. I've felt the newer A1s and they indeed feel better in the hand than the hybrid. And god I hate hammer bite.
Old 06-19-2009, 05:25 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

I've seen a 1911 make where someone turned it into a full auto weapon with a wooden stock attached and a 15 round magazine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXh3nRd1K8U

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 06-19-2009, 07:19 PM
IMFDB Admin

Yeah, I saw that video a long time ago. In fact, it's what led to the 1911 being fitted with the slotted mainspring housing and being fitted with a stock. Then we pulled out the 15 round magazine (although mine has last round hold open unlike this guy's). Then to make it legal we needed to buy a 16" barrel.

We can't convert it to full auto but it is still fun to shoot. I wish I had a full auto M1911A1. The fact that it is select fire is the neatest.
Old 06-19-2009, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmaster45 View Post
The barrels are interchangeable and the mainspring house with the slots are interchangable. Nothing is perminant, it is just a fun way to change up the 1911 if I get bored of missing targets.

BTW, I planned to put the nickel comp on the Cara gun and refinish "gladys" as a display piece. I'll put all original M1911 parts on it and reblue it with milspec. It won't be original but it will look nice. I never planned on selling it anyway.

The compensator is actually quite different from the Punisher '04 style, because those were two cut comps that threaded to the front of the barrel. Mine are three cuts that replace the barrel bushing completely. Makes the slide a little heavier but it still functions fine.

And why a Colt slide? My dad has plenty handy, I'm using what I have to work with. And I like Colt, I trust them and they work.
hey that's all cool man, those are just my opinions, and you know what they say about opinions. And a Colt slide, simply because then you would definitely be able to call it a Cara, you know? And I do realize that the Comps. are different, but it's overall look somewhat resembles the Punisher Colts, you see what I was trying to say?
Old 06-19-2009, 11:49 PM

I need a 1911 eventally, A real good custom job that can eat hollopoints for breakfast lunch and dinner.
Old 06-20-2009, 03:56 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
hey that's all cool man, those are just my opinions, and you know what they say about opinions. And a Colt slide, simply because then you would definitely be able to call it a Cara, you know? And I do realize that the Comps. are different, but it's overall look somewhat resembles the Punisher Colts, you see what I was trying to say?
Yeah, I understand. I'm totally pysched about the Cara gun, I've always wanted a 14-shot 1911.
Old 06-20-2009, 04:26 AM

Personally, I want an AMT or Springfield Longslide, with the .460 Rowland conversion. Make it my hog gun. :]
Old 06-20-2009, 06:24 AM
IMFDB Admin

This guy my dad knows is having a liquidation sale of all of his guns and one of them is a franken gun with a Colt frame and an AMT Hardballer longslide. I'm interested and he may buy it in the future.

And a .460 1911? Sounds like a beast.