imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 06:39 PM

walking dead looks cool, wonder what type of zombies they have though, i mean, they were slow zombies, but are they retarded headshot only types or like infected people types.

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 09-30-2010, 07:21 PM
sillybunz13

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
As I've said before, DEFINE ZOMBIES. I'm thinking reanimated undead. I'm thinking George Romero, you know, the guy who invented the genre. I never watched all of 28 Days Later. Are they dead before they turn on people, or is it merely a disease? If they are dead first, and then they're reanimated, then it IS fantasy. Something that was never dead is not a zombie. I'm not changing the subject, I'm just reiterating a point you're obviously not getting. Your thinking behind your weapon selection is entirely based on a theory derived from science, that stopping a zombie is similar to stopping a human, and I'm just pointing out that when dealing with supernatural creatures like zombies, science and logic is irrelevant.

It sounds like you're just talking about killing living, yet diseased human beings who won't shoot back. Hell, that's easy. All you have to do is hope that UPS can still deliver your mags when the streets are overrun with crazy diseased people.
First of all, I NEVER SAID "KILL"! I said immobilize! IMMOBILIZE as in it can't move! Without the spine of a human on the zombie, it would be pretty much just lay there!

Second of all, 28 Days later was like a rage disease like rabies but far more advaced created by scientists.

Last, I have all my weapons and mags, so I will always be prepared for any type of situation. You'll be the one that will need UPS to deliver your shit by the time this type of shit happens.

Zombies were created by Hollywood. In every zombie movie made in the world, they can be killed by brain damage or immobilize by destroying the bone structure, dumbass. So you can cook up all these stupid theories in your head saying "what is a zombie?" when you already know what the fuck they are. So based on "fantasy", what movie or video game have you found where zombies are fucking indestructable? None! Thank you!

You based your weapons on thinking that you can kill zombies. If you didn't think that they could die, why would you have weapons at all? Exactly! The beginning of this argument was that my weapons of choice were better than yours. If zombies can die from what we were told in movies, then my choices are far better than yours. End of story. You lost, get over it, don't change the subject!

Here are my weapons just in case you forgot:

Primary:
A DSA SA58 FAL PARA Elite Compact Rifle, .308 Cal. hollow points with an EOtech sight, ITC cheek rest, Extreme Duty scope mount, a SureFire M900, a SAW pistol grip, a three point sling, and 6 extra 30 round magazines.

Secondary:
A Sig Sauer P220 Elite Dark TB, .45 ACP hydrashoks with an STL-100C tactical light, 6 extra 10 round magazines, and an IWB holster.

I would have a Molle Tactical Vest to fit all the magazine pouches and other accessories.

Yes I own and shot these weapons. I own everything expect the molle vest.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillybunz13 View Post

Second of all, 28 Days later was like a rage disease like rabies but far more advaced created by scientists.
I didn't like it when they explained the origin of the rage virus as created by Scientists, sounds TOO sci-fi and farfetched. It would've made more sense and it would've been more realistic (as far as you can get in a zombie film) if it was just some virus that mutated deep in the bowels of the wilderness or far in some African jungle or something.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:45 PM

I would have a low profile plate carrier vest, with 3a armor inserts, and plates on vitals, to protect against other survivors. I would have a backpack, with water resevoir, and all gear i needed, including blanket, raincoat, food, small shovel, etc. inside a side pocket of backpack would be a ruger mk 3 with integrally supressed tactical solutions upper. on the vest id have bottom holding some 30 round PMAGs, and the top would have a cold steel srk, a radio, and pistol mags. Id have Tough BDUS and a riggers belt, on which i have left side a 686p in a crossdraw holster and custom work done, right zide a horizontal double mag pouch, and a p229 elite dark 40 in a safariland 6004, and a magazine drop pouch on left thigh. Combat boots, a ruger lcr 357 on ankle, and my main weapon is a noveske crusader with switchblock, a supressor in my bag. Id have a tangodown stubby, light on the rails, and a eotech. A mk14 ebr clone made with a m1a loaded collapsed on my back. ready for anything, yep. Oh, and a boonie hat, and cigars in the tube held in spare molle straps.

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 09-30-2010, 08:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdAstra2009 View Post
I didn't like it when they explained the origin of the rage virus as created by Scientists, sounds TOO sci-fi and farfetched. It would've made more sense and it would've been more realistic (as far as you can get in a zombie film) if it was just some virus that mutated deep in the bowels of the wilderness or far in some African jungle or something.
Yes, just like in Brain Dead.
Old 09-30-2010, 08:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
First of all, I NEVER SAID "KILL"! I said immobilize! IMMOBILIZE as in it can't move! Without the spine of a human on the zombie, it would be pretty much just lay there!

Last, I have all my weapons and mags, so I will always be prepared for any type of situation. You'll be the one that will need UPS to deliver your shit by the time this type of shit happens.

Zombies were created by Hollywood. In every zombie movie made in the world, they can be killed by brain damage or immobilize by destroying the bone structure, dumbass. So you can cook up all these stupid theories in your head saying "what is a zombie?" when you already know what the fuck they are. So based on "fantasy", what movie or video game have you found where zombies are fucking indestructable? None! Thank you!

You based your weapons on thinking that you can kill zombies. If you didn't think that they could die, why would you have weapons at all? Exactly! The beginning of this argument was that my weapons of choice were better than yours. If zombies can die from what we were told in movies, then my choices are far better than yours. End of story. You lost, get over it, don't change the subject!
Gettin' angry about made up nonsense ITT.
Old 09-30-2010, 08:16 PM
sillybunz13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtReynoldsMoustache View Post
Gettin' angry about made up nonsense ITT.
Because this guy I'm talking to, can't get anything through his head.
Old 09-30-2010, 08:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Because this guy I'm talking to, can't get anything through his head.
You're missing the point that what you're trying to get through his head is really not important or consequential to anything at all ever and that this whole topic is silly.
Old 09-30-2010, 08:49 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:

Here are my weapons just in case you forgot:

Primary:
A DSA SA58 FAL PARA Elite Compact Rifle, .308 Cal. hollow points with an EOtech sight, ITC cheek rest, Extreme Duty scope mount, a SureFire M900, a SAW pistol grip, a three point sling, and 6 extra 30 round magazines.

Secondary:
A Sig Sauer P220 Elite Dark TB, .45 ACP hydrashoks with an STL-100C tactical light, 6 extra 10 round magazines, and an IWB holster.

I would have a Molle Tactical Vest to fit all the magazine pouches and other accessories.

Yes I own and shot these weapons. I own everything expect the molle vest.
If there's a movie that says you can stop a zombie by immobilizing the bone structure, then so be it. That's all you had to say. "According to movie X, you can do it." But don't say, "because it works on a human, it works on a zombie," or "science says so," The question remains, what is a zombie? Are your "zombies" fast, like in the new Dawn of the Dead, or slow, like in all the other Romero movies. I didn't say they couldn't "die" I just said you have to define how to kill them, and that definition can't come from science.

But fine, let's just assume that you can stop one with a bone injury and that it would stop coming at you, bleeding out perhaps. You've got six mags for each weapon, good for 240 rounds. (6x30 + 6x10, in case you wanted to just curse some more instead of doing the math) So what happens after 240 rounds?

The weapons I listed were for slow zombies that can only by stopped by damaging the brain. (See how I defined the threat there?) For a slow moving, yet small target, a shotgun would work better than a rifle, and the fact that I can load and fire one round at a time relatively quickly, means that I can hold out as long as I have ammo, rather than as long as I have mags. If I have to deal with quick moving zombies, I might go with the same mix. A spine is still a small target, and aiming below center mass isn't natural, so I'd probably forget to do it in the heat of the moment. So we're talking about a sightly larger target, but now moving much faster. I'd also swap out the tomahawk for my sharpened entrenching tool, you can inflict more blunt head trauma that way.
Old 09-30-2010, 08:55 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtReynoldsMoustache View Post
You're missing the point that what you're trying to get through his head is really not important or consequential to anything at all ever and that this whole topic is silly.
"...nightmare fantasy scenario." I think I pointed that out about a dozen posts ago.

Ideally, I'd want to use a lightsaber. With that and Force-lightning, this zombie outbreak would be over in hours.