imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 06-10-2016, 05:15 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
Harley is not really much of a stand alone character. I remembered in the cartoon, they added her with 2 other female villains, Poison Ivy and Live Wire and that was a fun episode
There was a good run called "Gotham City Sirens" or something like that which focused on Harley Quinn, Poison Ivy and Catwoman, and they have stuck with these 3 being friends (with benefits in the case of HQ and PI) up until today in the New 52. I can see them doing something like this in a film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
I don't think she even had her own book until this year.
She had a solo run for a few years in the early 2000s, but until the New 52 she was mostly used as part of a team or ensemble. She is massively popular these days though, and currently there are 3 different Harley Quinn comics running along with her appearing in the Suicide Squad comic. During a Rebirth panel somewhere Jim Lee (i think) said that Harley Quinn was now the "forth pillar" of the DC comics universe after the Trinity, so wouldn't be surprised if they really try and push a solo movie.

If you go to conventions, Harley Quinn is possibly the most common costume that you will see people wearing (or possibly second to Deadpool, but the Harley Quinn cosplayers are a whole lot less annoying).
Old 06-10-2016, 05:35 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by commando552 View Post
There was a good run called "Gotham City Sirens" or something like that which focused on Harley Quinn, Poison Ivy and Catwoman, and they have stuck with these 3 being friends (with benefits in the case of HQ and PI) up until today in the New 52. I can see them doing something like this in a film.

She had a solo run for a few years in the early 2000s, but until the New 52 she was mostly used as part of a team or ensemble. She is massively popular these days though, and currently there are 3 different Harley Quinn comics running along with her appearing in the Suicide Squad comic. During a Rebirth panel somewhere Jim Lee (i think) said that Harley Quinn was now the "forth pillar" of the DC comics universe after the Trinity, so wouldn't be surprised if they really try and push a solo movie.

If you go to conventions, Harley Quinn is possibly the most common costume that you will see people wearing (or possibly second to Deadpool, but the Harley Quinn cosplayers are a whole lot less annoying).
Pretty good for a character created for Batman: The Animated Series.
Old 06-20-2016, 02:54 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

So I saw the Warcraft movie....it wasn't bad, but it holds no hands and you will be confused as to who, what and where. It's trying to throw so much plot and characters all at once and rushing into the next movie

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 06-20-2016, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
Pretty good for a character created for Batman: The Animated Series.
And has yet to master the finer points of hand to hand combat.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 06-21-2016, 06:39 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Assault on Arkham was a good movie

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle

Old 06-29-2016, 07:22 PM
IMFDB Admin

Behind the scenes from the next fast and furious movie https://www.yahoo.com/movies/first-l...212430467.html

Old 08-08-2016, 03:39 PM
IMFDB Admin

Saw Suicide Squad....the gun play was pretty good but the story was all over the place, disjointed and they kept dropping music in every scene change like they were trying to be Guardians of the Galaxy but sucking at the editing

Old 08-08-2016, 04:25 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
Saw Suicide Squad....the gun play was pretty good but the story was all over the place, disjointed and they kept dropping music in every scene change like they were trying to be Guardians of the Galaxy but sucking at the editing
A friend of mine actually went to a test screening before they did the re-shoots, and apparently it was SIGNIFICANTLY different, with the original version being much better in her opinion. Despite what David Ayer says it is clear that there were two different cuts of this film that just got smooshed together in the edit, and it really shows. At least he is towing the party line though rather than doing a Josh Trank.

SPOILERS AHEAD: The biggest change from the original test screening cut that she could remember is with the Joker and Harley, where in the original version the Joker was kind of abusive to Harley (for example there were more flashbacks showing how he knocked her around) , and in that cut of the film she ends up actually leaving him in favour of the Squad. Apparently rather than that really odd moment where the Joker pushes her out of the Chinook to save her, in the original cut she wants to help the other squad members so the Joker pushes her out. This actually makes all the stuff from this point on with her make a lot more sense in hindsight.

This story change is also why a few of the scenes in the trailer that disappeared, such as the Joker with the half burned face was him surviving the helicopter crash and coming to get Harley at the subway station but the Squad protect her so he throws a flashbang and escapes. I would have preferred this version, and the story going this way would have made a lot more sense for that Harley Quinn spin-off that Margot Robbie wanted to do.

As for the random wierdly edited music, I imagine that this was due to the fact that it ended up having an edit done by the company that made the trailers, rather than somebody who actually knows how to do a feature film.

Did anyone who has seen it happen to notice if the shot from the trailer where Deadshot is slding along the floor firing his Glock 18s and wrist guns at the same time is in the final cut? This is in the subway station when they are fighting Incubus/Enchantress, but the only time I remember him using his Glock 18s in that scene is when he does a mag dump of one then the other rather than firing them both at the same time.
Old 08-08-2016, 09:54 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by commando552 View Post

Did anyone who has seen it happen to notice if the shot from the trailer where Deadshot is slding along the floor firing his Glock 18s and wrist guns at the same time is in the final cut? This is in the subway station when they are fighting Incubus/Enchantress, but the only time I remember him using his Glock 18s in that scene is when he does a mag dump of one then the other rather than firing them both at the same time.
Nope. In fact, A LOT of scenes from the trailer was cut. I don't even know how Boomerang got that can of beer during the first fight. And they took out the scene in the bar where everyone asked for drinks.

Old 08-11-2016, 03:55 PM
IMFDB Admin

Just saw Kong: Skull Island trailer and wondered how many times they can remake a movie...then I saw the first photo of BTS for the new Mummy movie with Tom Cruise and judging from the military clothing someone was wearing, it looks like this movie will take place in a more modern time.