Old 01-26-2017, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
do SEALs really keep their optics that far back on the rail
http://www.konstipation.com/stuff/ya...imseealan4.jpg
https://airsoftoutletnw.files.wordpr...nipers5da5.jpg
http://www.americanspecialops.com/im...fghanistan.jpg
http://www.americanspecialops.com/im...mk17-mod-0.jpg

It does seem to be more common than one would think.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 01-26-2017, 03:35 AM

Think about how wearing body armor is,going to alter your stance and affect eye relief. I had my ACOG mounted pretty far forward, too
Old 01-30-2017, 04:56 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

I've been playing Resident Evil 7 and so far, it's actually a pretty solid game. It's not action intense, though it feels like a cross between Outlast with a bit of Silent Hill creep factor, mixed with a bit of Don't Breathe and just to add flavor, the swamp setting and creepy red necks is giving me Deliverance vibes, especially when Jack is hunting you around the house.

I don't like how when you aim, you aren't looking down the iron sights. I haven't seen that kind of game mechanic in a long time. The "deputy", I assume sheriff's Deputy wasn't wearing body armor, gave me (a potential suspect) a weapon (a knife) and most likely didn't call for backup, otherwise there'd be more cops on scene.

The game doesn't explain why you, Ethan, didn't call the cops when you got a message from Mia. I'd expect any hand wavy explanation at this point.

I wish, the weapon's progression was better for the handguns. The Makarov is no stronger than the G17.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 02-10-2017, 04:19 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

It'd have to be a reboot, right? Between scheduling, character and actor deaths, I don't think there's any way to continue the show, short of pretending Serenity never happened.

http://www.slashfilm.com/fox-firefly-reboot/
Old 02-10-2017, 10:46 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
It'd have to be a reboot, right? Between scheduling, character and actor deaths, I don't think there's any way to continue the show, short of pretending Serenity never happened.

http://www.slashfilm.com/fox-firefly-reboot/
You could just do a normal sequel from Serenity, Book is dead in continuity so there is no issue with Ron Glass dying, so the only living actor who would not appear would be Alan Tudyk. You could also set it between Firefly and Serenity if you wanted Wash back, just make it so that Book has already left. As for scheduling, it might be tricky but none of the case are currently working flat out, they should be able to find time to do a limited 6 episode run or something like that.
Old 02-10-2017, 03:07 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

I think it should be a sequel. All the actors are a bit older now.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle

Old 02-10-2017, 05:11 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by commando552 View Post
You could just do a normal sequel from Serenity, Book is dead in continuity so there is no issue with Ron Glass dying, so the only living actor who would not appear would be Alan Tudyk. You could also set it between Firefly and Serenity if you wanted Wash back, just make it so that Book has already left. As for scheduling, it might be tricky but none of the case are currently working flat out, they should be able to find time to do a limited 6 episode run or something like that.
Sci-fi shows tend to cost more, so I'm not sure if it'd be cost-effective to rebuild all the sets for just six episodes. I'd be willing to part with Book, but I'd really, really hate to lose Wash.

I always thought Netflix would've made a more logical choice for a continuation or a reboot. As a third party, they probably would've been in a better position to negotiate the rights issues between Fox and Universal, and we wouldn't have to worry about episode order. Sure, Whedon's stock has risen considerably since Firefly, but I don't think any network would give him the flexibility Netflix would.

Unfortunately, Netflix doesn't seem interested. They've seen the metrics, and I'm sure if they thought it'd work, they would've done it already. This is what they said four years ago, and I don't think anything has changed.
Old 02-10-2017, 07:35 PM
IMFDB Admin

I think there needs to be more world building. Set it in the future where Mal is now the head of his own "company" called The Serenity Outfit or something similar and most of the characters have their own ships, Kaylee is the chief mechanic at their base with Simon going on and off the different ships as the doctor, River and Zoe have their own ships with Zoe's named after husband. Perhaps to bring in new audience, we have a new lead cast on their own ship on their own adventures with the previous cast rotating on their crew every so often.

Old 02-20-2017, 02:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
I always thought Netflix would've made a more logical choice for a continuation or a reboot. As a third party, they probably would've been in a better position to negotiate the rights issues between Fox and Universal, and we wouldn't have to worry about episode order. Sure, Whedon's stock has risen considerably since Firefly, but I don't think any network would give him the flexibility Netflix would.

Unfortunately, Netflix doesn't seem interested. They've seen the metrics, and I'm sure if they thought it'd work, they would've done it already. This is what they said four years ago, and I don't think anything has changed.
This is sadly true. I agree Netflix would be the better choice, but indeed they would have done something long by now. That and seems they are ardently going forward with their 'original content' promise, and for that I think that translates more into their own originally-conceived shows rather than continuing/delving-into other established franchises, Marvel and a couple other exceptions notwithstanding. Shame, I'd love to see them something with Firefly/Serenity. Ditto with RoboCop and a couple other things.

I will say I like Excalibur's idea of a sequel setting, and especially rotating cast a bit, just a bit of shakeup.

Speaking of Netflix, I'm still wondering what the hell I'm supposed to do for the six months between now and when Stranger Things comes back? Bah.

Of course it's the 30th anniversary of RoboCop and there's a lot of awesome stuff on that front, particularly the most ambitiously awesome RoboDoc, the also awesome Scream Factory release of RoboCop 2 and RoboCop 3 collector's editions that actually have special features, and the possibility that damn statue might get erected this year as well. So there's that.
Old 02-21-2017, 07:47 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

I haven't played Infinite Warfare yet, but even BO3 was a bit out there for me. But at the same time, I don't think going back to WWII is the right move. I wouldn't mind a return to the Cold War.

http://www.polygon.com/2017/2/9/1456...s-world-war-ii