imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-05-2009, 02:46 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Default Went shotgun shopping today

I finally decided to search for a 12-gauge shotgun to keep in my apartment. I'm looking for something relatively inexpensive ($300-$400) and not really sure what else I want besides this. Here are some that I looked at and my thoughts:

(1.) Remington 870 Express Tactical - this was my all-around favorite, but it was also the most costly (over $400 for the version with the door-breaching attachment, $375 for the standard version). Still, I think I like it best.

(2.) Mossberg 500 w/ heat shield - I like the look and the possibility of endless (easy) upgrade possibilities (pistol grip, forward grip, bullpup stock, etc.), but I absolutely hate the feel of the Mossy's pump. It's ridiculously wobbly and almost feels like it might break off if you pump it hard enough.

(3.) Stoeger P350 Defense - A very sweet-looking shotgun, very well-made and sturdy, at a good price (one place I visited had it for $299). Only problem is - aftermarket accessories basically don't exist, so no upgrade options whatsoever.

What do you guys think I should go with?