imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 08-30-2009, 10:40 AM

Default How does reloading work in the Army?

This question goes out to the people in the marines and other armed forces. You know how in video games you shoot off a couple of rounds then reload. You first had about 60 rounds but when you reload you know have 55 rounds. Well that wouldnt work in real life because all of your ammo is in magazines and not lying around. So Im just wondering what happen if say a guy just charges at you and you shoot him down with just a couple of shots. What do you do? Reload and waste a mostly full mag? Or just stick with it and hope you dont get into a long firefight? Or say you use up about half you mag? Three quarters? And the only games that I know of that are magazine based instead of bullet based are Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 and warrock.
Old 08-30-2009, 05:17 PM

You don't change mags just because you're fired off a few rounds. Generally, when in contact, you just keep firing until you run dry - otherwise eventually you're going to be putting in half full mags and that's a bad thing. The exception would be if you're going to be clearing a trench or building - that's generally the only time you fire on full auto, and for that you want a full mag.

Usually you rounds on stripper clips and top up your mags when you have the chance.
Old 08-30-2009, 09:35 PM

Usually you keep all your used mags and put in fresh 1s, when you run out of fresh mags you either reload a used mag or if you have the time, take out the ammo in the used mags and top as many as you can
Old 08-31-2009, 03:00 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Depends on personal preferences sometimes. Some can run half mags and others once they've fired enough and the threat might be still out there, you reload with one in the chamber.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 08-31-2009, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugabear View Post
And the only games that I know of that are magazine based instead of bullet based are Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 and warrock.
The Battlefield games are also magazine based. You actually discard anything left in the mag when you reload, which makes things interesting with some weapons.
Old 08-31-2009, 03:22 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 1 and 2 is the same way

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle

Old 08-31-2009, 02:12 PM

The Arma series and Insurgency actually keep all your used mags when you reload.
Old 08-31-2009, 03:08 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

One of my old high school friends who went to West Point (and who's now in Iraq) told me that they reload partially-empty mags in MOUT training. Or at least, he said they do this with their Berettas; I don't remember if he said this applies to M4s as well, but I imagine it's the same way.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:53 PM
IMFDB Admin

I'll ask my marine buddies how they do reloads

Old 09-01-2009, 02:25 AM

Thank you. I havent played every Military game so thats why I didnt include those ones. Also last time I check GRAW was also bullet based. Anyways thank you because its been bothering me and my friends quite a bit when we're playing COD 4.

Tags
reloading