imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > imfdb

Old 04-10-2009, 11:31 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur
Default kinda pissed

I just did the Tremors page last night and when I woke up today...it's all gone. The hell happened?

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 04-10-2009, 03:44 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Fuck! We lost the last 5 days worth of edits. My page for "The Devil's Own" is gone, too (and I don't have a backup in Word, unlike most of my pages).

I'm at work right now, but I will speak to Bunni about this and see if our backups can restore anything.
Old 04-10-2009, 05:43 PM
IMFDB Admin

Unable to upload photos is another problem at this time.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:09 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixent View Post
Unable to upload photos is another problem at this time.
I contacted Bunni. We'll see what's going on, and if there are backups available.

Sorry, guys. This annoys me, too. Not only did I lose all my work on "The Devil's Own", but my "Far Cry" page is gone, too (although that one had no screencaps yet).
Old 04-10-2009, 07:20 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Well I am glad i wasn't doing a bigger project or multiple projects. I was planning on doing 3 of the Tremors movies but the second one was done already and i dont have the 4th or the TV series and really these were old campy movies so i wasnt that pissed off, but still I spent an hour rewatching these movies to cap them.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 04-10-2009, 08:49 PM
IMFDB Admin

I lost The Outlaw Josey Wales, In the Line of Fire, and Absolute Power, so I'm furious. I was so happy I got so much done this week and its all gone again.

Oh, and I lost the Dead Pool. I'll probably do these again eventually but there is no way I'm jumping right back into it, I'm too pissed right now.
Old 04-10-2009, 09:25 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
I contacted Bunni. We'll see what's going on, and if there are backups available.

Sorry, guys. This annoys me, too. Not only did I lose all my work on "The Devil's Own", but my "Far Cry" page is gone, too (although that one had no screencaps yet).

Guys, DON'T DO ANY MORE UPDATES!!!!! When Bunni restores the archival page, he will have to do it from the time just before the server outage. That means you'll lose whatever changes you make now. Wait until Bunni can restore the system.

Only when we have affirmation that he cannot restore what was lost (unlikely), then consider making any changes now.

I lost VIP, Barb Wire and a few other movie pages, so everyone has lost something.
Old 04-10-2009, 10:09 PM
Site Manager

We're on top of it - I have the admin team looking at it. We transferred to a new server last night which should make the site much faster but they seem to have used an old backup or the restore failed mid-way through. We have multiple nightly backups stored on and off site so we haven't lost anything. We're working on it! Thanks for the understanding guys.

Best,
Chris
Old 04-10-2009, 10:20 PM
Site Manager

Text edits have been restored - now working on syncing the image files.

Best,
Chris
Old 04-10-2009, 10:49 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

That's great news, Chris! Thanks!