imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > imfdb

Old 05-19-2009, 12:20 AM

GIMP 2.0 is a free paint processor like thing, that is of similar quality to Photoshop. Only free(because it's open source)

Do you mean the pictures are small when you post them? Or small on your computer. Because if they are small on your computer, you could just be viewing them zoomed out.
If they are small once uploaded then you need to specify how wide you want them.
Old 05-19-2009, 03:12 AM

small once uploaded, Im working on my criminal minds page and then want to move to my resistance 2 page.
Old 05-19-2009, 04:06 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Wait wait, Resistances 2? Ok, if there are any firearms in it that looks like they are based on real guns, I'll give it that, but completely fictional weapons that may look like hybrids of certain guns we know of do NOT count. And you listed the Chimera guns, they aren't even firearms.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 05-19-2009, 07:35 AM

Yeah, games like Killswitch, Resistance, and Gears of War may draw inspiration from existing firearms, but they do not really count.
Old 05-19-2009, 07:38 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

dont forget Killzone. I've already gotten rid of those pages. Any page made about games that features fictional firearms that has no basis on real world weapons will be deleted. No some games like FEAR uses real world weapons, just designed a bit different, but at a glance they still looking like their real world counterparts

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 05-19-2009, 03:47 PM

There is an m1911a1 in resistance 2......i have seen video game pages of fictional guns. Killzone comes to mind though, if you have deleted those.
Old 05-19-2009, 04:14 PM

but, i gotta say, you have a separte page for the prop guns from aliens and the star wars pages on those guns...
Old 05-19-2009, 07:00 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
but, i gotta say, you have a separte page for the prop guns from aliens and the star wars pages on those guns...
There are several rules for a fictional weapon having it's own page.

FICTIONAL FIREARM

(a) It is a fantasy weapon that houses or uses a real firearm inside (Morita Rifle / Aliens M41 / Smart guns /Deep Rising's M1-L1 Triple pulse rifles, etc.)

(b) It is a fake weapon, but is functionally close enough to a real world design to 'confuse' the audience or create curiosity as to whether or not it is a modified live firearm (Hellboy's Samaritan / Constantine's Holy Shotgun, )

(c) It is a fake weapon that is fabricated around the shape on a real weapon, but doesn't really use the weapon for firing purposes
(terminator Plasma rifles built around a Calico Gun, but not fired as a real weapon, only special effect 'laser blasts', etc.)

(d) It is a custom constructed weapon for the purposes of the storyline, it doesn't really exist in the real world in the normal chains of commerce, but it 'could' exist as a real weapon (Composite gun / Wanted Rogue Sniper rifle)

(e) It is a completely fake weapon, but famous enough to make fans/users wonder if there is any real world weapon basis - which there is not (Codpiece Revolver, "Doom" BFG 9000, "Red Dwarfs' " Bazookoid, etc)

Fantasy weapons that viewers will NEVER think is a real firearm are not allowed - (Star Trek Phaser, Star Wars Light sabres (the blasters are allowed since they are built on real guns), Klingon disruptors, etc.)

Any violations of these rules will result in Caning in a Singaporean courtyard.....
Old 05-19-2009, 09:56 PM

Oh sorry, when I was typing Killzone I must have changed tracks mid thought.
Ending with Kill-switch, which does have real weapons.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:03 PM

Yeah I noticed the killzone page was deleted. I just saw that and made one for resistance. Only a few weapons are based on real guns so i guess it doesn't count