imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > imfdb

Old 05-02-2009, 06:30 PM
IMFDB Admin

Default So how much have you learned from IMFDB?

I am judging IMFDB from what it was a year ago. Back then we had tons of jacked Airsoft gun images and 'some' of the info was wrong (but that changed with the hard work of many of the people here today).

But now I see regulars of the site abound with amazing amounts of "Guns in Movie" knowledge. Heck, you guys can spot C&C HK94s in a movie faster than I can! You guys can spot Star Model Bs that are being substituted for M1911s faster than anyone I know! Sometimes I wonder if the new users take for granted the hard work over ONE YEAR that so many have done.

I sure have learned a lot about guns that I'm not that familiar with. And I've learned to spot the various models of S&W more accurately because of 'youse guyzzz'.

Anyway, I was just wondering if the regular users/Mods feel that they've learned alot from the site (apart from their own hard work building it).
Old 05-02-2009, 06:42 PM

Being the cyberpunkish hi-tek lo-life* that i am. I have found that my computer skills have improved dramatically and I can now tell the difference between a C&C HK94 /AR-15 and the real deal Factory automatic weapon. We as a whole are working to create a site that truely kicks ass when it comes to firearms and movies. heck, we are creating pages that stomp mudholes in the works of most so called gun experts when they write about films.

*Hi-Tek Lo-Life is taken from part of a friends Cyborg costume. Yeah I love the literary genere.
Old 05-03-2009, 12:49 AM
IMFDB Admin

I learned too much to list from IMFDB. If you look at my early pages like Hollow Point and Last Action Hero, you can tell I wasn't too gun savy at the time, but I've since become far better at IDing guns. I love this site!
Old 05-03-2009, 01:13 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

I've learned a whole bunch myself. I used to suck with just about everything made by S&W (both revolvers and their "Classic" autos), which is kind of embarrassing considering I own a S&W. I learn new stuff about guns all the time from here. That's part of what makes it all so exciting.

Having been on this site for as long as I have (close to 18 months now, if you count my last account that got lost in The Great Crash), watching it become such a valuable source of info has been extremely rewarding for me.
Old 05-03-2009, 02:09 AM

i love this site. i was out shooting and i overheard my dad and uncle arguing about a revolver that another guy was shooting and i nailed it as a Colt Python, whereas they said Peacemaker and Single Action Army (same gun i know) lol
Old 05-03-2009, 04:00 AM

Python isn't hard to spot, no offense to any party involved.

I learned about the numerous M16 bastard rifles and the HK94 C&C stuff, which was pretty neat, as well as seen some cool pages on guns in movies. All in all an awesome site for learning or just for the whole WHOA THAT IS AN AWESOME MOVIE WITH AWESOME GUNS WITH AWESOME IMAGES HOLY SHIZZLE.
Old 05-03-2009, 07:50 AM

I have learned a ton! Between the different Beretta 92 series models, and the difference between Taurus and Beretta themselves, not to mention how to spot fake stuff...

I'm working on revolvers and some other stuff, but I feel really smart thanks to things I've learned here.
Old 05-03-2009, 04:23 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

I've learned differences in Beretta 92 models and how to spot the difference from taurus

I've also discovered about the many shorty M16 variants besides the M4A1 and there are specific differences between those

Blanks, I now know blanks need adapters for automatics. Bullets dont cause sparks when hitting anything, and when fired in small spaces, it is deafeningly loud. And shooting a full auto weapon with one hand makes it extremely inaccurate

Also, being here have kinda deterred the HK fandom in me because I used to like it a lot, but recently not so much. I had thought the HK 416 was an innovation until I learned about its flaws.

I've become a bigger fan of 1911s and appreciations of details when it comes to guns in movies. I tend to pick them out more than before

I've learned a lot here

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 05-06-2009, 08:56 PM

I've learned the difference between Glocks and Springfield XDs.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:17 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Well the differences are pretty easy to tell

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”