imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-29-2011, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
Yeah, just think...10 years from now, he might be some gun-hating liberal soccer Dad who drives a hybrid. Sorry, couldn't resist.

Can't remember if I've ever mentioned it before, but I got a tattoo when I was 21. It's two crossed oars with "HOCR 06" underneath - and I regret it now because I'm no longer rowing, so it commemorates something that isn't important to me anymore. But at least mine is on my upper back.

GunMaster, if you get a 1911 tattoo on your upper arm, I think that's a very bad idea. I'm not opposed to tattoos per se, or even gun tattoos, but getting a tattoo that's that big and that visible when wearing short sleeves is dumb. Even if you think a short sleeve shirt will mostly cover it up in plain view, it might still be visible at certain angles. I'd get it on your back instead.

And don't forget...as much as it sucks, we live in a world where people will make character judgments about you based on a gun tattoo. That could affect employment prospects, and also your chances with girls (try bringing one home and showing her that tat - how do you think she'll react?) I hate to encourage you to accept political correctness, and if you still feel brave enough that you can proudly sport a 1911 tat, then that's your choice. But I'd think long and hard about the consequences (if you haven't already).

Good points. I'm never going to get a Tattoo because I really, really, REALLY hate needles.

You're every bit the detective that your followers on internet believe - Brainiac, Superman The Animated Series