imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Guns & Movies

Old 09-05-2009, 04:10 AM

Default Marine NCO's HK416 in Jericho

Having watched the episode "Semper Fidelis" again, I've found that the Marine NCO only has that HK416 in once scene in the episode, that being the stand-off scene where the majority of screen caps were taken from. All other shots I saw showed an M4 with a 14-inch barrel, fixed front sight, and no uninterrupted top rail.

Here's the cap from the article. Notice the D-ring between the receiver and RIS and the fixed front sight barely visible ahead of the PEQ-2 at the bottom of the pic.

I noted this on the talk page, but nobody seems to have seen it.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 09-06-2009, 02:05 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

I remember I put it down as an M4 originally, but somebody else changed it and put that screencap in the 416 entry. But yeah, I thought I saw the triangular front sight post and knew it wasn't a 416.

Weird, though, how the M4 and 416 which the Marine uses both have the exact same style stock. I'm guessing what happened was that they filmed the scene where the Marine used the 416 first, but later filmed the outdoor scenes later with a different armorer, who didn't have access to a 416, so he just brought an M4 to the set instead. Of course, that's just a guess.
Old 09-07-2009, 03:32 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Sorry it was me who changed it back. I didn't see the cap correctly and thought someone did it wrong.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 09-07-2009, 03:26 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
Sorry it was me who changed it back. I didn't see the cap correctly and thought someone did it wrong.
Nah, I was pretty sure it was a regular M4 when I first posted the screen capture. I saw the front sight and knew it couldn't be a 416. It also has a 14.5" barrel (whereas the 416 used later in the episode was the 10.5" model).

Also, Excal, have you tried watching the episode with the SCAR ("Termination for Cause", from Season 2) in frame-by-frame on VLC Media Player? You might be able to get a better shot of the SCAR, though I admit it's unlikely due to the motion.
Old 09-07-2009, 08:35 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

I'll have to rent the series again, but I seriously doubt I can get a better shot of it because of the blur effect and how fast the guy was running into the hospital. I also don';t have VLC Media Player. Where do I get it?

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle

Old 09-08-2009, 02:02 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
I'll have to rent the series again, but I seriously doubt I can get a better shot of it because of the blur effect and how fast the guy was running into the hospital. I also don';t have VLC Media Player. Where do I get it?
Ah, OK, I didn't realize you'd only rented it. In that case, forget it. It would be too much of a gamble, anyway (because, as we agree, it's way too blurry).

VLC Media Player is available for free if you Google it. Some people on here didn't like it when I recommended it because it used to lack an ability to pause and go frame-by-frame, but recently, the frame-by-frame capability has been implemented into the newest releases. It's a tad bit buggy, though (I've had it crash on me).
Old 09-08-2009, 03:00 PM
IMFDB Admin

So I should uninstall it now? I like my video program to work.