imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-17-2013, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcordell View Post
there was a thread going that said if you call paramedics you're just giving govermental assassins free access to your home.
That makes... absolutely no sense whatsoever. But then again, conspiracy theorists rarely ever do.

Quote:
So I was banned.
I know what it's like to be targeted by biased mods/admins, I was the recipient of an apparent collusion between two mods on a site because one didn't like an opinion I left in a topic on a product and went on a tirade about how my logic was "faulty", filling it with snide little insults. I respectfully and politely told him off (for lack of a better phrase) and he later went on to directly insult me in several other topics.

Then I got a message from another mod who issued me a warning for "personal attacks". When I responded to him with an attempt to defend myself and discuss these so-called personal attacks that he claimed I made, linking to my initial post and to the other mod's posts where he flamed me, the warning mod promptly cited a vague and unethical rule to "not piss off the staff", issued a second warning, and banned me.

Unfortunately I don't recall exactly how it was all worded while the offending mods deleted all traces of the incident, and I seem to be unable to find the topic on another forum where I posted a transcript of the whole thing to discuss with friends, but the basic outline was a mod didn't like my opinion and I suffered for it.

I'm so glad I can have a dissenting opinion on here and not be punished for it. Now, Checkman, scrap those archaic revolvers of yours and get some quality semi-autos with enough rails to mount the entire US SOPMOD kit on.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman