imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 03-25-2010, 03:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacallyChallenged View Post
SKS!

Beautiful! Much nicer than the one I saw there. There was a nice Mini 14 too... got one of those to show us?
Unfortunately I don't have a Mini 14 to show you. Someday perhaps.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
I can give you a good one: Magazine capacity. My biggest beef with the .40 and .357 P226s is that they have the same mag capacity as the P229. Given that, I would much rather have the 229.

In 9mm (which is the caliber I shoot most often), it's 226 all the way. But if I ever wanted to upgrade to .40 or .357, I would definitely get the 229.
That's an interesting point, but with that in mind, the preference between a P226 and a P229 comes from what one thinks is more advantageous, a full size gun or a "compact gun". On one hand, there isn't much weight or barrel length difference so I don't think performance suffers with the smaller gun, but on the other hand, the P229 might not be much easier to conceal even though smaller (not by much, and it's still the same width), so it's personal preference at this point (this all being relative to .40 and .357 pistols, another preference loophole which, being generally a 9mm guy, I don't jump through.

I like both guns and wouldn't mind either, but I do generally prefer full size guns, and so if I could only have 1 SIG, it would be an older P226 in 9mm as it fits all my intents and purposes. If I were a millionaire, though I'd buy a P229 in .357 SIG just because it's a cool gun in a cool cartridge, 'nuff said.
Old 03-25-2010, 04:44 PM

If I were a millionaire, I would pay the BoT guy "Old Painless" to help me restore old guns. His are all so beautiful.