imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 08-28-2014, 07:59 PM

Default Colt rifles

So....this is a question the readers of IMFDB should be able to handle.

Si is the listing of the Colt rifles on the site failry comprehensive of AR-15 variants produced by Colt?
Old 08-28-2014, 08:50 PM
IMFDB Admin

What do you mean, as in are all current Colt rifles featured on IMFDB? If so, then no. As far as I know none of Colts current gen of monolithic weapons with the exception of the IAR (leaving the ACC-M, APC, and SCW) have ever appeared in anything, so they do not have pages. There is also currently no page for the M2012 series of Colt sniper rifles as these have not appeared in anything either, but these are unrelated to the AR-15.
Old 08-29-2014, 05:18 PM

Ah, sorry I was rushed, and didn't really flesh that thought all the way out.

Actually, I was interested in the Colt semi-automatic carbine versions made before the LE6290. Like the 9- series guns, which upon further review of the listing under the Colt listing, I saw the model numbers.
Old 09-04-2014, 06:57 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by commando552 View Post
What do you mean, as in are all current Colt rifles featured on IMFDB? If so, then no. As far as I know none of Colts current gen of monolithic weapons with the exception of the IAR (leaving the ACC-M, APC, and SCW) have ever appeared in anything, so they do not have pages. There is also currently no page for the M2012 series of Colt sniper rifles as these have not appeared in anything either, but these are unrelated to the AR-15.

Sigh, I photographed a lot of the AR-15/M16 rifles for the site, but these were MOVIE GUNS. Sometimes we are guilty of building 'franken guns' in real life when we try to disguise a weapon as a later or earlier configuration. Our photo listings themselves are not "the last word" on these rifles since most of the depictions are 'build ups' for movie purposes. I have to rephotograph a lot of the M16s because I noticed errors in their configuration (unfortunately that was the configuration they were in when I grabbed them off the rack).
Old 09-04-2014, 09:00 PM

MPM,

No worries, the evils of Frankenguns are what has me on my quest for Colt knowledge.

I'm trying to figure out exactly what in the hell the range I started working at part time, has registered, other than the auto sear, with the BATFEio.

And I'm afraid Colt Sporter Carbine just don't cut it.