imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 10-24-2009, 05:29 AM

Don't worry about starting a new thread I don't mind useing this one to bounce story ideas around.
Old 10-25-2009, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockwolf66 View Post
Don't worry about starting a new thread I don't mind useing this one to bounce story ideas around.
Thanks. I tried to start another thread but it just felled apart.

Last edited by Swordfish941; 10-26-2009 at 01:30 AM.
Old 10-31-2009, 07:49 PM

My novel is like Black Lagoon, but it only keeps the basics (a group of mercinaries sailing around in a PT boat). The boat's crew consists of five mercs named Greg, Ares, Rocco, Katie, and Johnny. Greg and Ares both served in the South African Army and they serve as the captian and first mate of the ship (Ares is also the ship's cook). Katie is Greg's girlfriend and is the ship's nurse. Rocco is the puerto rican engineer and has an alchol problem. Johnny is the crew's newest member and used to work for multi international company.
Old 10-31-2009, 09:53 PM

Here's a list of weapons each of the characters use.

-Greg's sidearm is a M1911A1 pistol that has been customized by adding a skelitonized hammer, adjustible sights, and black checkered grips. He keeps it on a belt holster and loads it with .45 Hollow Point rounds.

-Greg uses a M4 Carbine that's been modified with a EOtech 552 holographic sight in place of the carry handle and a Surefire Millennium Universal weaponlight on the right rail while in Mozambique. He also pockets a Webley Mk VI and a Walther P38 off of two Renamo rebels and use them to start a pistol collection.

-Some of the weapons that he keeps in his gun locker includes a Mossberg 500 Cruiser fitted with a spare shell holder, a M40A1 sniper rifle fitted with a Harris bipod and sound suppressor, a Heckler & Koch G36C, and a Norinco Type 56-1 fitted with a AKM style muzzle break.

-Ares' sidearm is a Heckler & Koch Mk23 Mod 0 which is kept in a belt holster. He is given a .44 Magnum Desert Eagle Mk XlX fitted with a stainless frame by Johnny.

-Ares uses a M4A1 Carbine fitted with a M68 Aimpoint scope and a M203 Grenade launcher while in Mozambique. He knicknames the gun "The Beast".

- Some of the weapons that he keeps in his gun locker includes a South African made Heckler & Koch G3 rifle fitted with black furniture (and latemodified with a Leupold scope), two Remington 870's (one fitted with ghost ring sights and a Surefire 618 weaponlight and the other fiitted with a high capicity magazine tube), a Barrett M107 sniper rifle, and a Heckler & Koch MP5A2 fitted with a Navy trigger group.

-Rocco uses a M16A2 rifle while in Mozambique. He is given to it by a Mozambique Officier when he tells him he only brought his Beretta and a bandolier of hand grenades. It is fitted with a 30-round magazine and a tactical flashlight.

- Johnny carries Greg's G36C when in Mozambique. He customizes it by adding a Leupold CQ/T rifle scope and clips a magazine on the right and left sides of the one he has in.

- The Mozambique army carries M16A2 rifles fitted with 20-round magazines (which the U.N. provided). They also have FN MAG machine guns mounted on trucks and helicopters.

-Renamo rebels mostly carry FN FAL 50.00 rifles. Luca, a commander, carries a MP40 submachine gun. A 12 Gauge Double Barreled shotgun is carried by a Renamo base guard.

-A Renamo rebel uses a Tokarev TT-33 to wound Greg in the shoulder.

Last edited by Swordfish941; 01-23-2010 at 06:02 AM.
Old 10-31-2009, 10:05 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordfish941 View Post
Here's a list of weapons each of the characters use.

-Greg's sidearm is a M1911A1 pistol that has been customized by adding a skelitized hammer, adjustible sights, and black checkered grips. He keeps t on a belt holster.

-Greg uses a M4 Carbine that's been modified with a EOtech 552 holographic sight in place of the carry handle and a Surefire Millennium Universal weaponlight on the right rail while in Mozambique. He also pockets a Webley Mk VI and a Walther P38 off of two Renebo rebels and use them to start a pistol collection.

-Some of the weapons that he keeps in his gun locker includes a Mossberg 500 Cruiser fitted with an extended magazine tube and a spare shell holder, a M40A1 sniper rifle fitted with a Harris bipod and sound suppressor, a Heckler & Koch G36C, and a Norinco Type 56-1.

-Ares' sidearm is a Heckler & Koch USP45 which is kept in a belt holster. He is given a .44 Magnum Desert Eagle fitted with a stainless frame by Johnny.

-Ares uses a M4A1 Carbine fitted with a M68 Aimpoint scope and a M203 Grenade launcher while in Mozambique.

- Some of the weapons that he keeps in his gun locker includes a Heckler & Koch G3 rifle fitted with black furniture, two Remington 870's ( one fitted with ghost ring sights and a Surefire 618 weaponlight and the other fiitted with a high capicity magazine tube), a Barrett M107 sniper rifle, and a Heckler & Koch MP5A2 fitted with a Navy trigger group.

-Rocco uses a M16A2 rifle while in Mozambique. He takes it from a dead soldior that follows the group.

- Johnny carries Greg's G36C when in Mozambique.

- The Mozambique army carries M16A2 rifles fitted with 20-round magazines. They also have FN MAG machine guns mounted on trucks and helicopters.

-Renamo rebels mostly carry FN FAL 50.00 rifles. Luca, a commander, carries a MP40 submachine gun. A 12 Gauge Double Barreled shotgun is carried by a Renamo base guard.

-A Renamo rebel uses a Tokarev TT-33 to wound Greg in the shoulder. A Lee-Enfeild No.1 Mk III is carried by the rebel Rhoma.
Wait a minute...Mozambique's civil war ended in 1992. Most of the weapons you mentioned (including the M4A1, the G36C, etc.) would not have existed at that time. Also, I'm pretty sure most of the weapons RENAMO used in that conflict were captured Soviet and Chinese-made weapons that the SADF sent them from their conflicts in Angola, Namibia, etc.

Also, why do you want to make SA mercenaries and RENAMO rebels into protagonists? RENAMO had an awful human rights record, plus they were basically a proxy force created by the South African government with almost no political purpose besides serving their own interests.
Old 11-01-2009, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
Wait a minute...Mozambique's civil war ended in 1992. Most of the weapons you mentioned (including the M4A1, the G36C, etc.) would not have existed at that time. Also, I'm pretty sure most of the weapons RENAMO used in that conflict were captured Soviet and Chinese-made weapons that the SADF sent them from their conflicts in Angola, Namibia, etc.

Also, why do you want to make SA mercenaries and RENAMO rebels into protagonists? RENAMO had an awful human rights record, plus they were basically a proxy force created by the South African government with almost no political purpose besides serving their own interests.
I forgot to mention that the story takes place in 2016 and history sometimes repeats itself. Plus the mercs are on the FRELIMO side not the RENAMO side. As for the weapons, I want to use a little variety rather than your ordinary AK-47 and RPG (kind of like what Michael Mann does with guns in his movies). I haven't got to the Mozambique part, but I'm getting close to it.

Last edited by Swordfish941; 11-15-2009 at 09:53 PM.
Old 11-02-2009, 01:09 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordfish941 View Post
I forgot to mention that the story takes place in 2016 and history sometimes repeats itself. Plus the mercs are on the FRELIMO side not the RENAMO side. As for the weapons, I want to use a little variety rather than your ordinary AK-47 and RPG. I haven't got to the Mozambique part, but I'm getting close to it.
Ah, I see. Though I'm really not sure what RENAMO would be fighting for, considering that they had almost no political goals or program when they were created by South Africa to make trouble for FRELIMO.
Old 11-02-2009, 04:33 AM

I'm working on a scene where Greg and Katie make love. They have a few glasses of chablis and soon they start to kiss. Katie's in this red dress and Greg's wearing a dress shirt with a pair of khaki pants. Greg then takes off his shirt and undos his belt. Katie then takes off her panties and flings them in his face. He calls her a naughty girl and the scene then cuts from there. Is that romantic or not?

Last edited by Swordfish941; 11-03-2009 at 02:53 AM.
Old 11-04-2009, 04:29 AM

Here are a few more weapons that will appear in the story:

-Rocco's sidearm is a Beretta 92FS. He loses it in Mozambique when he is shot in the arm by Luca.

- Luca's sidearm is a Makarov PM. He uses it in the standoff between the mercinaries and the Renamo rebels.

- A Browning M2 Machine gun fitted with a heat shield and snail drum magazine is mounted on the stern of the "The Archangel", Greg's ship. The boat is 75ft long, 20ft tall, and 20ft wide.

- Greg keeps a RPG-7 fitted with an optical sight, M321 fragmentation grenades (a Portugese version of the M26 Hand Grenade that was adopted by the South African Army), six M18 Smoke Grenades, and a M82A1 Claymore in the armory.

Last edited by Swordfish941; 01-23-2010 at 06:25 AM.
Old 11-07-2009, 02:30 PM
Formerly "Checkman"
IMFDB Admin

Go get em and good luck.

Tags
crime, fiction, plots