imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 08-24-2010, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
So was the bolt missing or the buffer spring? Cause I assume the barrel is still there cause you'd notice if the barrel is missing.
The bolt was gone. We used up alot of our .223 that time too, so I haven't even been able to shoot the AR other than like 2 mags a year ago

http://www.introvertisland.com

Last edited by S&Wshooter; 10-08-2010 at 11:15 AM.
Old 08-24-2010, 03:31 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&Wshooter View Post
The bolt was gone. We used up alot of out .223 that time too, so I haven't even been able to shoot the AR other than like 2 mags a year ago
Well the weight of it without the bolt is hard to notice that it's missing. You could have checked it before packing it up with you. One racking of the charging handled and you can tell the bolt is missing or is it even possible to pull the handle back correctly without the bolt.?

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 08-24-2010, 03:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
Well the weight of it without the bolt is hard to notice that it's missing. You could have checked it before packing it up with you. One racking of the charging handled and you can tell the bolt is missing or is it even possible to pull the handle back correctly without the bolt.?
My father packed it while I was at school, and I sort of just picked it up, put a mag in without thinking and then noticed it didn't even have the charging handle

Last edited by S&Wshooter; 08-24-2010 at 03:36 AM.
Old 08-24-2010, 03:39 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&Wshooter View Post
My father packed it while I was at school, and I sort of just picked it up, put a mag in without thinking and then noticed it didn't even have the charging handle
Well the first thing you would notice is lack of a charging handle.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle

Old 08-24-2010, 04:06 AM

Wow.... that is pretty fail.........
Old 08-24-2010, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yournamehere View Post
Wow.... that is pretty fail.........
Yup. It's embarassing as hell, but it's the only fuckup I've ever had with a firearm

Old 08-25-2010, 03:42 AM

I have this friend who's a wannabe Marine/Blackwater contractor who claimed that the AK-47 would be the ideal weapon because you can use ANY caliber bullet in it.

...He also claims that the reason for sawing the barrel of shotguns down is so that it will have more killing power and spread.
Old 08-25-2010, 01:05 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdAstra2009 View Post
I have this friend who's a wannabe Marine/Blackwater contractor who claimed that the AK-47 would be the ideal weapon because you can use ANY caliber bullet in it.

...He also claims that the reason for sawing the barrel of shotguns down is so that it will have more killing power and spread.
I guess he was confusing the AK with the AR-15 because the AR-15 can use pretty much any caliber because if there isn't a special upper made for the AR-15, someone out there is making it right now. Just last week, I read about a new upper so it can fire a .50 BMG in bolt action.

Old 08-25-2010, 04:43 PM

nope, think stupider. He actually claims that you can feed any caliber bullet into the same AK-47 w/o modifications.
Old 08-26-2010, 11:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdAstra2009 View Post
nope, think stupider. He actually claims that you can feed any caliber bullet into the same AK-47 w/o modifications.
Do the world a favor and remove him from the gene pool. Dare him to prove his point with a .50 BMG.