imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 04-21-2010, 06:18 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur
Default Swords, knives and other blades

Aside from guns and other things that are loud and man stopping, I have a thing for swords. I carry around a Gerber knife all the time. I was wondering who else have a thing for blades

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 04-21-2010, 08:48 PM

I like Viking swords, but I don't own any. My friend, however, loves Katanas despite the fact that they can't pierce the flimsiest of mail and will shatter when struck by a Viking style sword. Also, I own a crappy broadsword, a Bowie knife that has a spiked knuckleduster, wicked serrations anda sharp spike on the bottom of it (sort of like a huge trench knife), a few pocket knives and a longsword made in Pakistan.

http://www.introvertisland.com

Last edited by S&Wshooter; 04-21-2010 at 08:51 PM.
Old 04-22-2010, 12:42 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&Wshooter View Post
My friend, however, loves Katanas despite the fact that they can't pierce the flimsiest of mail and will shatter when struck by a Viking style sword.
I would like to see whatever Viking sword tested on my Katana that was a gift to me from a friend in Japan. Home forged, took a month to make and would cost several hundred dollars. This thing weren't designed to go through armor. It was designed to cut and slash, but against other swords, it'll chip, but it won't break or bend

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 04-22-2010, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
I would like to see whatever Viking sword tested on my Katana that was a gift to me from a friend in Japan. Home forged, took a month to make and would cost several hundred dollars. This thing weren't designed to go through armor. It was designed to cut and slash, but against other swords, it'll chip, but it won't break or bend
I'd post the video if I could find it

Old 04-21-2010, 08:58 PM

I have a woderful fasination with swords and I love them as much as I love guns, Queen (the band), and the poem "Jabberwocky" (which I all love with my heart's content. I have done a lot of research on swords for my fantasy story and would love to have a french sabre. I also love the butterfly knife.
Old 04-21-2010, 09:06 PM

I would like to have a Microtech, more specifically one of their Ultratech series knives. I'd just have to find one that didn't take both hands and 30 seconds to open

Old 04-21-2010, 10:10 PM

When I can I go backpacking durring the summer to places that are literally days from the end of the road. You can bet your ass I have at least one blade on me and there are other knives besides mine in the group.

Personally Due to where i am working i have a boxcutter on me just about 24/7. Outside of work I usually carry a simple liner lock folder or a swiss army knife.

Backpacking I have either a Ka-Bar or more resently a Cold Steel Kobun.

I have an entire box(bulk paper box from Staples) worth of various knives from about 20 years worth of collecting. it contains everything from a Cold Steel Minipal at the smallest to an old fashion Kukri at the largest.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:12 PM

I've got a whole crapload of knives. For your viewing pleasure, here's a visual sampling:

The first one I ever got.

Needless to say, I was always a fan...

Complete with the 82nd Airborne logo on the blade.

What blade collection would be complete without one of these?

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 04-21-2010, 10:43 PM

I really want to get a Kuhkri. Almost did earlier in the year, but I didn't have enough cash

Old 04-21-2010, 11:35 PM

I'm not big on blades, but I have a respect for them. Ka-Bars are pretty much my favorite as far as knives go, and I've got a short straight blade sitting here with a very dark brown leather hilt (not sure how it got so dark, probably from it being in my luggage when I flew back from Oregon to my old home in Florida) though I don't use it much, as I don't need the knife for anything that my little Gerber can't do, and I like keeping it in as near perfect condition as possible. When I get some more money I'm gonna buy a full size part-serrated Next Generation model and that'll free me up to use the little one for general purpose. This is not to say that I am a knife douche or anything, I just don't want to destroy or damage a knife if I don't have to, especially if it's the only one I have. If I've got another one though.....