imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 11-13-2014, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
Buried in there is that Tom Hardy is up for Rick Flag, which would violate my own rule about actors double-dipping in the same "universe." Why, is there no one else?

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/ja...ve-1201354892/
Jai Courtney's a good pick for Deadshot, although I prefer either Norman Reedus or Logan Marshall Green for Deadshot.

You're every bit the detective that your followers on internet believe - Brainiac, Superman The Animated Series
Old 11-13-2014, 04:11 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Is Captain Boomerang going to be in this movie too?

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 11-13-2014, 04:21 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
Is Captain Boomerang going to be in this movie too?
Apparently, they're looking at Will Smith as Captain Boomerang. Not only does Will Smith seem a bit too big of a movie star to be in an ensemble film, but with all those Australian action starts out there (the aforementioned Jai Courtney, the Hemsworths, Hugh Jackman, Russell Crowe, Sam Worthington, etc), they're getting Will Smith to play an Australian villain?
Old 11-13-2014, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Apparently, they're looking at Will Smith as Captain Boomerang. Not only does Will Smith seem a bit too big of a movie star to be in an ensemble film, but with all those Australian action starts out there (the aforementioned Jai Courtney, the Hemsworths, Hugh Jackman, Russell Crowe, Sam Worthington, etc), they're getting Will Smith to play an Australian villain?
That has to go up there as one of the most STUPIDEST casting decisions ever, along with the likes of Arnold Schwarzenegger as Mr Freeze and Nick Cage as Ghost Rider.

Here's another Aussie that they can go with:

You're every bit the detective that your followers on internet believe - Brainiac, Superman The Animated Series
Old 11-13-2014, 11:41 PM
IMFDB Admin

My random guess would be that Smith is playing Black Manta (who will just be renamed to "Manta" for PC reasons) and he will also be the antagonist of the upcoming Aquaman film in 2018. There is no rumour or anything supporting this, it is just my hope as that Boomerang thing would be ridiculous.
Old 11-14-2014, 01:58 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Will Smith isn't much of a "super hero" kind of actor. And he's too big a name and most likely expensive.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle

Old 11-14-2014, 02:55 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
Will Smith isn't much of a "super hero" kind of actor. And he's too big a name and most likely expensive.
Well, he did Hancock. I just don't think he'd play a villain. I don't think he's ever played a villain before. (Does Muhammad Ali count?)

And I think it's hilarious that Black Manta is black. The superhero naming back then was ludicrous. Black Manta, Black Lightning, Black Panther, black. Black Adam, not black.
Old 11-14-2014, 04:03 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Yes, please.

http://deadline.com/2014/11/longmire...er-1201280496/
Old 11-14-2014, 10:36 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Well, he did Hancock. I just don't think he'd play a villain. I don't think he's ever played a villain before. (Does Muhammad Ali count?)

And I think it's hilarious that Black Manta is black. The superhero naming back then was ludicrous. Black Manta, Black Lightning, Black Panther, black. Black Adam, not black.
Technically Hancock was more of a parody on superheroes and Will Smith played it well

Old 11-15-2014, 07:49 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

I'm not sure what a "break" is. If they ever release more than just the first two seasons (four series) in Region 1, I'll work on the page.

http://www.itv.com/presscentre/press...s#.U444rShJUUU