imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 11-06-2013, 07:49 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
Wasn't that sort of the plot of BOII as well?
Naw, Black Ops 2 it was all about conspiracies and drones and stuff and was actually interesting. This one, the main problem in terms of actual story structure is that they have a secondary antagonist and then...Nothing. You just have this guy who has nothing to do with the main plotline who's supposed to be the big bad guy even though he kills about two people during the course of the story.

Oh, that and that he turned into a bad guy because SECRET AMAZON TRIBAL TORTURE TECHNIQUES, can't forget that.

Blops 2 at least knew it was silly. This really, really doesn't. Plus you could sympathise with Menendez because you got to see how massively he'd been dicked around by the US in the past, while here it's just that everyone South of Texas has suddenly gone full-on genocidal for absolutely no discernible reason.

Extinction mode is fun, though, it plays like the old Survival mode with the addition of an actual point or Zombies with more enemy types and without all the moon-logic puzzles where adding cheese to a banjo makes an ICBM or whatever. Not that those were always bad, but it was something of a chore trying to figure out what the level's collection of random objects did while dead people were trying to eat your shoes.

Last edited by Evil Tim; 11-06-2013 at 08:22 PM.
Old 11-06-2013, 09:06 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Tim View Post
Naw, Black Ops 2 it was all about conspiracies and drones and stuff and was actually interesting. This one, the main problem in terms of actual story structure is that they have a secondary antagonist and then...Nothing. You just have this guy who has nothing to do with the main plotline who's supposed to be the big bad guy even though he kills about two people during the course of the story.

Oh, that and that he turned into a bad guy because SECRET AMAZON TRIBAL TORTURE TECHNIQUES, can't forget that.

Blops 2 at least knew it was silly. This really, really doesn't. Plus you could sympathise with Menendez because you got to see how massively he'd been dicked around by the US in the past, while here it's just that everyone South of Texas has suddenly gone full-on genocidal for absolutely no discernible reason.

Extinction mode is fun, though, it plays like the old Survival mode with the addition of an actual point or Zombies with more enemy types and without all the moon-logic puzzles where adding cheese to a banjo makes an ICBM or whatever. Not that those were always bad, but it was something of a chore trying to figure out what the level's collection of random objects did while dead people were trying to eat your shoes.
I pretty much stopped playing Zombies because it just got too complicated with all the parts to collect, switches to be flipped, etc. It's great if you're playing with three friends or even three people who actually talk, but most of the time you're stuck with one guy who actually knows what he's doing and three people who have no idea what that one guy is up to because he's too cheap to spend ten bucks to replace his headset.

I really liked Survival on MW3 and I'm really disappointed they didn't bring it back. I don't know why they couldn't make it four player like Zombies. It had a certain logic to it that Zombies lacked. Certain guys are harder to kill because they wear more body armor, fine, I get that. Zombies get harder and harder to kill because... magic?
Old 11-07-2013, 02:46 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Seriously, what was Menendez? plan anyway? How was getting killed going to really make a martyr of himself to the point of total anarchy? What is Cordis whatever supposed to be about and how did it get a billion followers?

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 11-07-2013, 08:37 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

I believe the idea of Cordis Die is it's trying to stoke up existing anti-Western feelings, with the drone attack and destruction intended to send a message that the West is weak and it's time for revolutin', hence Menendez's other objective of destabilising the Chinese-led power block in the East. I don't think he really cared about much more than that the revolution would be a bloody one as revenge for the numerous acts of dickery against him in the past.
Old 11-07-2013, 04:18 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...riginal-654171

Meanwhile, DC has trouble keeping shows like Young Justice and Beware the Batman on the air.
Old 11-09-2013, 05:17 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

New Lone Survivor trailer out. Wow.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=111187
Old 11-10-2013, 04:37 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Saw that trailer a couple weeks ago. The title gives away the ending

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 11-10-2013, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
The title gives away the ending
The actual event it's based on gives away the ending as well.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 11-10-2013, 10:20 PM

Well, my patience with the Call of Duty wiki is waning, fast. Apparently the rules on speculation (aka "We don't take any information that isn't explicitly stated in game") don't apply if enough people speculated the same thing.

There's only one explanation for everything that's happened to me so far: This universe is trolling me.
Old 11-10-2013, 11:13 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

I'm surprised you've lasted this long.