imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 09-22-2020, 04:41 PM

The thing about Batman is that you're casting two vastly different characters in one and finding an actor that can pull off both is difficult. The only actor that pulled off both convincingly is Kevin Conroy, while the others are almost all good as one but not as good as the other. For example, Keaton was a better Batman than Bruce Wayne while Christian Bale was a great (possibly the best) Bruce Wayne but not quit so a Batman.

Superman, by contrast, is the same exact person in and out of the cape.
"The gun has played a critical role in history. An invention which has been praised and denounced... served hero and villain alike... and carries with it moral responsibility. To understand the gun is to better understand history."

“What is morality in any given time or place? It is what the majority then and there happen to like, and immorality is what they dislike.” - Alfred North Whitehead
Old 09-22-2020, 04:54 PM
Formerly "Checkman"
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
Clooney also said he keeps a picture of him as Batman on his desk as a reminder to never take a job for the money.
I have no doubt be believes that.....now, but I bet he cashed the check. Personally I like that he made a boatload of money from the Nespresso commercials (made by the evil Nestle corporation) then claimed that he used the money to help finance a satellite to spy on the Sudanese government. Turns out that while he did put up $700,000 to get the project started a whole lot more came from other sources. Something tells me Clooney made more than $700,000 from Nestle.
Old 09-22-2020, 06:04 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcordell View Post
I have no doubt be believes that.....now, but I bet he cashed the check. Personally I like that he made a boatload of money from the Nespresso commercials (made by the evil Nestle corporation) then claimed that he used the money to help finance a satellite to spy on the Sudanese government. Turns out that while he did put up $700,000 to get the project started a whole lot more came from other sources. Something tells me Clooney made more than $700,000 from Nestle.
I imagine it'd take more than 700 Gs to get an A-lister like Clooney to sell coffee.
Old 09-23-2020, 05:09 PM
Formerly "Checkman"
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
I imagine it'd take more than 700 Gs to get an A-lister like Clooney to sell coffee.
Yes indeed. I'm thinking the $700,000 was probably ten or fifteen percent of his paycheck. Maybe a quarter, but I doubt it.
Old 09-23-2020, 07:06 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

I don't think he'd pick up the phone for 700Gs.

https://caffeinevibe.com/george-cloo...llion-dollars/
Old 09-24-2020, 11:31 AM

Quote:
I don't think he'd pick up the phone for 700Gs.

https://caffeinevibe.com/george-cloo...llion-dollars/
Jesus, Mary, and Joseph ... $40 million to advertise coffee?
"The gun has played a critical role in history. An invention which has been praised and denounced... served hero and villain alike... and carries with it moral responsibility. To understand the gun is to better understand history."

“What is morality in any given time or place? It is what the majority then and there happen to like, and immorality is what they dislike.” - Alfred North Whitehead
Old 09-25-2020, 06:24 PM

SWAT season 3 is finally on Hulu. I can't believe how comically stupid these NVGs look.

http://www.imfdb.org/images/9/92/SWAT17S3E09_03.jpg

Last edited by Spartan198; 09-25-2020 at 06:44 PM.