imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Guns & Movies

Old 09-11-2011, 10:41 PM

Default Strike Back: Project Dawn

yes, they've made a sequel series to Chris Ryan's Strike Back.
It's on Cinemax and has some pretty interesting weapons. Here's the trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhzU72M0v0k

And here are some promo pics:

Can you guys help me identify some of the guns (I think I saw a 7.62 Galil AR in the trailer)?

You're every bit the detective that your followers on internet believe - Brainiac, Superman The Animated Series
Old 09-12-2011, 12:25 AM

First picture is one of those RONI (or something like that) carbine conversions for Glocks fitted with a weaponslight and a new stock. Realy pointless weapon, IMO.
http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Nikita_(20...ctical_RONI-G1

Secind picture is an MP5A3 with an ELCAN and somesort of thing on the back of it, plus what may be a light on the front.

Third is an M4/HK416 with a 10" barrel, suppresser quad rail, and foregrip. It's also lacking a rear sight of any kind. Also an MP5A3 like in the picture above it, but lacking the ELCAN andwith e the flashlight.

Fourth is some sort of AK. It's not an AKM and I can't see the foresight well enough to determine if it's a Type 56.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:45 AM

It's not a 416; there's a gap between the RIS and the receiver rail. Plus, it's a KAC rail unit rather than the 416's proprietary one.

There's only one explanation for everything that's happened to me so far: This universe is trolling me.

Last edited by The Wierd It; 09-12-2011 at 10:51 AM.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:42 PM

If the Galil is at 0:51 in the trailer, it's not a Galil. Looks like an AKS-74 with a new stock that folds to the right of the weapon and sort sort of dot sight. Plenty of Glocks in the trailer, as well as AK of unknown origin.

EDIT: On second thought, it's a ChiCom Type 84 with an AK-74 muzzle break. Check the Type 84 section of the original Chris Ryan's Strike Back series page and tell me what you think.

Last edited by Mandolin1; 09-13-2011 at 01:37 AM.
Old 10-15-2011, 05:46 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

I have been following this new series since it aired, and I'm really enjoying it. One of my favorites at the moment. I would have preferred that they kept Porter (Richard Armitage) from Season 1, but the two new leads seem to be up to the task. Also, I find it really funny that the actor who plays the American ex-Delta soldier is Australian in real life, while the actor who plays the British Section 20 operator is actually an American in real life. You'd think the casting director would have hired them to play the opposite roles...

Also, regarding the weapons: This show is filmed mostly in South Africa, which means that a lot of the guns are weapons that we've seen in other South African productions (i.e. those Vektor R5s that are mocked up to look like AK-47s, which have also been used on "District 9" and "Flight of the Phoenix").

Last edited by MT2008; 10-15-2011 at 05:48 PM.