imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 11-20-2009, 04:27 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
On a side note, i really hope the bushmaster acr takes off, there produced about 45 minutes from me.
Can you rephrase that? I don't understand.

And this isn't a movie reference but more of an internet reference. When you kill your first Juggernaut, the achievement that pops up is "I am the Juggernaut" but they left out the bitch part.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 11-20-2009, 06:07 PM

Quote:
another movie refrence, getting the last kill with a harrier is the "true liar" challenge.
When do you fly a Harrier in this game?

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 11-20-2009, 07:10 PM

you dont, its a killstreak, and the acr reference is that the bushmaster plants about 45 min away and i want ther acr to get released and be popular, create a few jobs and have them on the shelves. Most likely better prices here than farther away too.
Old 11-21-2009, 04:58 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

It'll most likely be expensive as hell. The ACR is a very nice piece of engineering, but it'll more than likely cost more than an average AR-15.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle

Old 11-21-2009, 10:00 PM

price will drop, the scar is around 4000 but once more hit the market theyll be way cheaper. The AR-15 market is flooded with used ar-15s from all the panick buyers who bouht after obama and then noticed that they dont need/want/cant afford one. Bushmaster said msrp is likely foin to be 1200 for a base model.
Old 11-22-2009, 01:05 AM

okay, was on earlier and someone was dual wieldin m1887s, and yes, you flip it terminator style........wtf way too mall ninja
Old 11-22-2009, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
To add more fuel to the rant fire, the Glock 18 is an ok gun, I'll admit that in small bursts. But when you reload, you don't press the slide release, which would make getting back into action faster, but instead you're treated to your character pulling the slide back! This is only good for range shooting a Glock, since the slide release is pretty weak, factory wise, but in combat, pulling back the slide takes too much time, in fact, there's a couple seconds delay when reloading an empty Glock. That's why I try to not reload empty weapons. Always mid magazine change. It'll save frustrations for you watching your character take his damn time reloading and doing unneeded things like pulling the slide back or in the ACR's case, use right hand instead of left hand instead of pressing trigger finger forward.
I can agree with every other weapon criticism except this one. Most slide stops on guns are awkwardly placed to the point where the shooter has to reposition their hand in order to hit it. The Glocks is better than some, but it's also very small and it doesn't stick out like others, so in a combat situation, it would be a hassle to hit that thing, especially with gloves on as seen in MW2. On the other hand (no pun intended), pulling the slide back completely remedies this potential problem. If the shooter was using both hands when using the gun, I may be in favor of using the slide stop, as your reloading hand has to be repositioned anyhow and therefore can hit the slide stop with no alteration of the firing hand, but in game, the shooter is using one hand, so instead of altering his firing hand, he can keep his firm grip and just yank the slide. Makes more sense to me.

Furthermore, the gun isn't even a Glock 18, it has an OD green frame and no selector switch, and so I'm changing it on the page to be a modified Glock 17.
Old 11-22-2009, 02:25 AM

Quote:
and yes, you flip it terminator style........wtf way too mall ninja
But still pretty kick-ass.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 11-22-2009, 04:20 AM

gotta admit, im gonna try it, but i will revert back to a sinle shotgun once i have my fun.
Old 11-22-2009, 05:26 PM
IMFDB Admin

I've fired the 1887 shotgun and not too impressed by it's power.