imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
I saw two cases in england that sealed it ill never go there:

One, a man found a shotgun on his property that criminals had ditched, and called police. He wasarrested since he touched the gun when he found it, stating law prohibits touching a gun without a licence. He was a former infantry soldier and law abiding citizen who had to spend some time in jail until the trial was dropped

Another, a man put barbed wire on his property after several robberies. The government ordered it taken down since criminals "may hurt theselves on it and posed a health hazard."

There was also video where a country home was being robbed, a homeowner came home and saw men loading a truck with their stuff. homeowner said thed call the police if the men didnt leave, and the men said someething along the lines of "out here well be long gone before they arrive, and what are you going to do to stop me?" and kept on stealing....
In Texas, The dude would have been able to keep the shotgun if it hadn't been used in a crime, The guy with the barbed wire would be advised to put up razor wire instead and the thiefs would be very, very dead

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 09-29-2010, 08:18 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
I saw two cases in england that sealed it ill never go there:

One, a man found a shotgun on his property that criminals had ditched, and called police. He wasarrested since he touched the gun when he found it, stating law prohibits touching a gun without a licence. He was a former infantry soldier and law abiding citizen who had to spend some time in jail until the trial was dropped

Another, a man put barbed wire on his property after several robberies. The government ordered it taken down since criminals "may hurt theselves on it and posed a health hazard."

There was also video where a country home was being robbed, a homeowner came home and saw men loading a truck with their stuff. homeowner said thed call the police if the men didnt leave, and the men said someething along the lines of "out here well be long gone before they arrive, and what are you going to do to stop me?" and kept on stealing....
In the UK, the people are becoming less and less armed, yet the cops are becoming more and more. Hmmm...
Old 09-29-2010, 08:22 PM

The shotgun was used in a crime and hid on the property, property owner was doing work, uncovered the shotgun, and called police. The police then arrested him. Any civilized country would say "thank you for helping us" or "good work calling us right off." not slap the cuffs on.

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 09-29-2010, 08:25 PM

Quote:
The shotgun was used in a crime and hid on the property, property owner was doing work, uncovered the shotgun, and called police. The police then arrested him. Any civilized country would say "thank you for helping us" or "good work calling us right off." not slap the cuffs on.
My friend's father found some kind of Beretta rifle in a trash can so he brought it to the police. They checked it to see if it had been used in a crime and when they determined it hadn't been, they gave the rifle back to my frien'd father

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 09-29-2010, 11:02 PM
sillybunz13

Default In your face!

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
I understand that, but read what you just wrote, surviving against zombies in a realistic way. We have no set rules for zombies, because they're a product of different sources of pop culture. How do we stop them? Well, one film says one way, another film says another way, and basic biology says yet another way. Which way do you want to go with? Define the threat. There isn't one way to stop zombies, because there's no definitive set of rules regarding zombies. We don't even know where they came from. In 28 Days later, it was a disease and they're fast. But in Shaun of the Dead, it's radiation, and they're slow. And in Resident Evil, it's medical experimentation, and they're fast again.

And I defend my choice of a pump and revolver, because the zombies that I'm referring to are slow. (Why slow? Why not? And you can't tell me differently.) And as I've seen in a pistol comp, once you're out of mags, you're done. You can barricade yourself in a Dick's Sport Goods with pallets of 9mm, but if you only have three pistol mags, only the ammo in those three mags will be of any use to you. With a pump, where you can load one at a time, you can last as long as you have ammo. Want a "realistic" scenario? How many mags do you have in your house at this moment? Because zombies, slow or fast, probably won't wait for you to find an abandoned National Guard armory.
Well if you want to be "realistic", why are you picking the speed of your zombies? What if they are just as fast as the zombies in Dawn of the Dead or 28 Days Later? If you have a pump action shotgun and a revolver with fast zombies, are they going to wait for you to reload one by one with your weapons? I don't think so. My weapons of choice are good for an type of situation as 7.62x51 has the range, the stopping power, and the capacity you need to fight off almost anything, and the .45ACP is also accurate and has lots of stopping power. By the way, the ammunition I chose is not only available in any military base, you can buy them online, any sporting goods store, pawn shop, etc. My weapons are also available online if you do the research, and I can buy as many magazines as I want (I live in Florida).

And it doesn't matter how zombies came to be, they still have the anatomy of a human being. That means severing the spinal cord with a bullet will immobilize the threat or a bullet to the pelvic region will throw off the alignment of the threat making it hard or unable to walk, run, etc.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:22 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillybunz13 View Post
And it doesn't matter how zombies came to be, they still have the anatomy of a human being. That means severing the spinal cord with a bullet will immobilize the threat or a bullet to the pelvic region will throw off the alignment of the threat making it hard or unable to walk, run, etc.
And there lies the flaw in your argument: you're throwing in science in a scenario where science is irrelevant. According to science, zombies shouldn't exist, period. There is no scientific explanation, currently, for the reanimation of a corpse that wants to do nothing but eat brains. Furthermore, there's no scientific explanation on why they would STAY reanimated. Therefore, there's no scientific explanation on how to "kill" them. Nothing we know about zombies is based on science. The very CONCEPT of the undead is based on superstition and folklore.

You have to set a definition of "zombie," and which rules they are governed by. Or even easier, why not just say you're fighting Xenomorphs, or Terminators?
Old 09-29-2010, 11:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
This makes no sense. They're the walking dead, their hearts don't beat, their nervous systems are completely shut down, they don't eat. None of those things stop them from moving, why should severing their spines or shooting off their nuts?
Old 09-29-2010, 11:31 PM
sillybunz13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtReynoldsMoustache View Post
This makes no sense. They're the walking dead, their hearts don't beat, their nervous systems are completely shut down, they don't eat. None of those things stop them from moving, why should severing their spines or shooting off their nuts?
It's not the nerves that will immobilize them, it's the whole bone structure of the body that would pretty much collapse. So it does make sense, thank you.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
It's not the nerves that will immobilize them, it's the whole bone structure of the body that would pretty much collapse. So it does make sense, thank you.
literally lollin irl right now at zombies making sense
Old 09-29-2010, 11:34 PM
sillybunz13

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
And there lies the flaw in your argument: you're throwing in science in a scenario where science is irrelevant. According to science, zombies shouldn't exist, period. There is no scientific explanation, currently, for the reanimation of a corpse that wants to do nothing but eat brains. Furthermore, there's no scientific explanation on why they would STAY reanimated. Therefore, there's no scientific explanation on how to "kill" them. Nothing we know about zombies is based on science. The very CONCEPT of the undead is based on superstition and folklore.

You have to set a definition of "zombie," and which rules they are governed by. Or even easier, why not just say you're fighting Xenomorphs, or Terminators?
It's not science, it's logic which you clearly don't possess.

Plus, in my argument, I never said "kill", I said immobilize the threat. Whether it's a zombie or not, immobilizing your threat is the best thing to do. The End!

That's called logic
Closed Thread