imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > imfdb

Old 06-21-2015, 08:34 AM

Default Am I the only one annoyed by all these Photoshop jobs?

First was the shoddy flattop M4, then the Carbine Rifle in GTAV, then the polymer-furnished Type 56 in TWD, now the shoddy flattop M4 with the addition of an EOTech, RIS handguard, and Surefire light. There's probably numerous others I've forgotten about.

I'll admit MPM's M4 SOPMOD pic with the old style Aimpoint and KAC broomhandle is a bit... dated, but at least it's the actual gun instead of a bunch of cutouts cobbled together from other pics in an image editor. Am I the only one annoyed by this practice? MPM has stated on multiple occasions that he doesn't like his pics Photoshopped, but some editors on the main site keep doing just that. Rare or obscure guns like the XM16E1 or P226K are one thing, but I really don't think pics of a given gun in numerous different aesthetic configurations are needed. The M4 with the carry handle Photoshopped off is a prime example of one that strikes me as totally unneeded, since I don't understand why one of the pics with the handle still attached can't be used in that instance.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman

Last edited by Spartan198; 06-21-2015 at 08:43 AM.
Old 06-22-2015, 07:18 AM
IMFDB Admin

You're right

But I've also been remiss in my photographing new AR variants. It's been a rough couple of years. My area for photographing guns is now packed with equipment since one of the warehouses is no longer. I know I said this before, but I hope to try to get to more 'needed' gun variants within a few months.

If you can, list off (with a link) the gun pics you want a NON franken gun shot of. I'll see what I can do.

Thanks again.
Old 07-12-2015, 10:58 PM

Point of the shots of the gun in the screencap is for a unobscured view of an actual gun portrayed, not for photoshop.
I Agree