imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 10-10-2014, 02:59 AM
Formerly "Checkman"
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEMack618 View Post
Dude, all you need after your leisure suit, shoulder holster, aviators, and mustache, is a badge on a neck chain.
Funny you should mention the neck chain............I have two badges. One is for my uniforms and the other one is on a chain that I wear around my neck when I carry off duty or when I'm attending training and I'm wearing street clothes. Believe it or not the current thinking now for off duty cops and detectives is to have the badge on a neck chain.......again. Off duty cops who have been shot by on duty cops responding to a situation that has "gone south" have been found (in most cases) to have the badge on their belt or in a wallet (that they may or may not have been displaying). Research now shows that the neck chain makes the badge more visible and decreases the chance of friendly fire. So I guess our ancestors knew better.
Old 10-10-2014, 03:02 AM
Formerly "Checkman"
IMFDB Admin

Range report.

Got it to the range today (10/09/14). No hiccups. I currently have Houge rubber grips on it. Put some Remington .357 Magnum 158 grain semi-jacketed hollow points through it. Very comfortable. Actually I was surprised after hearing how the Model 19 snubbie is such a fire-breather when shooting magnums through it. Perhaps the Houges made the difference. As a comparison I fired a couple cylinders of the same load through my 4" Model 28. The Highway Patrolman was a little more mild, but not that much. Of course recoil is subjective so who knows what the reality is. Anyway I was surprised. I should add that I don't think it would be as pleasant to shoot with the Magna grips.

Also fed it a box of Federal 148 grain +P+ 39 Special. Shot out the center of the target at 15 yards and no lead blowback (i.e. no lead shavings flew back into my face). For those not familiar with revolvers lots of lead shavings can indicate that the timing is off. Guess the timing is on. I'm very pleased that my long sought after revolver is in good condition.

Sorry guys I didn't think to take photos.