imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Guns & Movies

Old 09-15-2014, 11:38 PM
Formerly "Checkman"
IMFDB Admin

Default Martin Milner's personal Model 15. As seen in "Adam-12".

So evidently the Smith & Wesson Model 15 with the 4" barrel that Martin Milner (Officer Pete Malloy) carried from the fourth season on (1971-1975) in "Adam-12" was his own. It's now listed for sale over on Gunbroker. As of today there are 14 bids on it. Pretty neat. I'm not bidding on it, but it is pretty neat. Even has the actual Fuzzy Farrant grips that were made for it. A link. Photos are on the "Adam-12" discussion page.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=439978815

Last edited by Jcordell; 09-16-2014 at 12:00 AM.
Old 09-16-2014, 01:44 PM

I made quite the odd gurgle of desire upon seeing that.

Yeah, Pete Malloy was a pretty good cop, and the Combat Masterpiece, was, well, a Masterpiece, but holy cow, I want me a set of Fuzzy Farrant grips.

The man is a bit of a legend.
Old 09-16-2014, 04:16 PM
Formerly "Checkman"
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEMack618 View Post
I made quite the odd gurgle of desire upon seeing that.

Yeah, Pete Malloy was a pretty good cop, and the Combat Masterpiece, was, well, a Masterpiece, but holy cow, I want me a set of Fuzzy Farrant grips.

The man is a bit of a legend.
Couple years ago I came across a pair of Fuzzy's. They were priced at $150.00 and were made for the S&W K frame square butt. To put them on the revolver I would have had to had the front corner of the butt cut away. Fairly common with Farrant's grips I've read.

Some trivia. Have you heard of The Onion Field Shooting (March 9, 1963)? Below are the four handguns involved in the shooting that left L.A.P.D. Officer Ian James Campbell dead and his partner Karl Hettinger (survivor) a mess and lifelong alcoholic. He died from liver disease in 1994.

The Colt Officer Model Match was Campbell's and appears to have Farrants. The S&W Model 14 was Hettingers.Those grips on the Model 14 are the old Mershon rubber grips. That company was bought out by Pachmayr in the late sixties or early seventies - which is when Pachmayr began to produce their rubber grips.

The auto was used by Gregory Powell and the Colt revolver was used by Jimmy Lee Smith. Powell killed Campbell with the auto.

Old 09-16-2014, 07:03 PM

Would you believe"The Onion Field" is on my book shelf?

Such a terrible story. (The book is great; the subject matter is what's horrible)

Neat pic, I'd always wondered about the guns involved.
Old 09-17-2014, 12:06 AM
Formerly "Checkman"
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEMack618 View Post
Would you believe"The Onion Field" is on my book shelf?

Such a terrible story. (The book is great; the subject matter is what's horrible)

Neat pic, I'd always wondered about the guns involved.
The photo was posted a couple years ago by a retired officer on the http://smith-wessonforum.com/forum.php.

Oh and I was mistaken. The S&W Model 14 was Campbell's and the Colt was Hettinger's.
Old 06-02-2015, 10:54 PM

Just started watching Adam 12 on netflix, quite the period piece.
Old 06-03-2015, 03:46 AM
Formerly "Checkman"
IMFDB Admin

It sure is. Some things are still the same but much isn't. The later episodes from 73-75 are different from the first couple seasons.