imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 06-20-2014, 02:38 AM
Formerly "Checkman"
IMFDB Admin

Default Streamlight 69210 TLR-1. I upgraded.

Well I finally upgraded this week. I bought the Streamlight 69210 TLR-1 (300 Lumen) to carry on my GLOCK 19 and I got a new holster designed for a weapon mounted light. The company is Tactical Design Lab owned and operated by a retired Boise City officer by the name of Mike Love. It's a very good design, but I am a lefty and it took him several years to get around to making a left handed holster. He's only been in business for ten years and it was expensive to make the molds for a lefty holster. After all we're only a minority, but he lost some possible contract with some of the bigger metro department because he didn't have a lefty holster.

Anyway I love the weapon mounted light. It's great to not have to mess around with a flashlight in one hand and my pistol in another and that light is bright. Caught myself in the mirror with it while practicing and it's not only blinding, but painful. It illuminates a long dark room like nobody's business. Easy to operate as well. About 5 ounces in weight, but shooting with the light mounted isn't a big deal at all.

With my department discount the holster cost me $110.00 and the Streamlight I got for $106.00 from Amazon.

I'm tacticool now. Just like all those television and movie cops.

For those who are interested. A link.

http://www.tdlabs.com/
Old 06-20-2014, 03:27 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

I am currently using a TLR-1 for my Glock 19, but I only have it attached when my Glock is at home. I don't carry it with the light on

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 06-20-2014, 03:42 PM
Formerly "Checkman"
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
I am currently using a TLR-1 for my Glock 19, but I only have it attached when my Glock is at home. I don't carry it with the light on
Interesting to note that the holster I'm now using is called X-Caliber by the company. Just a pointless observation by me.

There have been times when I've been clearing a building (even in the daytime some places can be dark ) and it's awkward with a flashlight and a gun. Also when shooting accuracy goes down because only one hand is holding the pistol while the other one is holding the light. All the techniques just can't get around that.

Of course the light is tool and not a magic bullet, but it's a better tool. However my Surefire is still on my belt because there are times that I just need a flashlight. Can you picture me pulling out my Glock because I need to read something that a citizen is showing me at 3:00 A.M. or I'm having trouble finding the hole in my cuffs to double-lock them so I pull out my gun and accidentally shoot the person who is in my custody? No the flashlight is also staying. I still have my 3 D-cell Maglight in my car as my reserve light for that matter.

Can never have to many flashlights.
Old 06-21-2014, 02:12 AM

Someone jacked my little Streamlight. I miss it so much

http://www.introvertisland.com