imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 01-21-2010, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
Anyway, do you like American guns better because you're a jingoist, or because the quality is actually better?
It's just personal preference. Also, I have had a few bad experiences with foreign guns

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 01-21-2010, 12:56 AM

For example, I got a (Japanese) Browning Micro A-Bolt 3 years ago and the little clip that attaches to the mag so you can open the floorplate w/o the mag falling out is already worn out. When I want to place the magazine inside the gun, I have to slam that little plate shut in a hurry and afterwards, the magazine shakes around when I move the gun. I've had a handgun made in the Philippines bruise my hand after running only 2 mags through it. I have a Walther that jams 4 times every mag, no matter what I do. Once, I had a little Soviet training .22 fail to extract spent rounds 20 times in a row

Last edited by S&Wshooter; 01-21-2010 at 01:03 AM.
Old 01-21-2010, 03:17 AM

A gun's fault has nothing to do with it's country of origin. A stamp on the slide has nothing to do with build quality. It all depends on the materials that go into it. Since acquiring this Beretta I've done some research, and I've found that most, if not all, of the failed 92Fs that broke during military testing were American (or in some cases French) made guns. Like MT2008 said, America would rather sell a lot of okay guns than make a lot of good ones (especially in the military's case, lowest bidder and whatnot). The Italian guns, old or not, are generally of better build quality and will last for tens of thousands of rounds, whereas the early American guns were more likely to fail or require replacement parts, the reason they modified from the SB to the F, and then again to the FS. Lucky for me mine is Italian made, and while that doesn't certify that it will work flawlessly (or blow up in my face because it is Italian and I am American), it makes me feel better about the gun knowing it was made with quality parts.

Furthermore it's one thing to like or hate something because it's a good or bad product, and another to like or hate it because of where it comes from. I've seen a S&W revolver jam, yes a REVOLVER jam up, rendering it a blunt object, but that doesn't mean I don't trust S&W revolvers, or my 19-5. Something just went wrong in a freak accident. Nothing is perfect, some guns are just great, some alright, some just plain shit, but the country they come from doesn't affect that at all. Quit being a nationalist already.
Old 01-21-2010, 03:22 AM

You do realize that my next 3 guns are going to be from Belgian, Czech and Russian, right? My preference for American guns isn't because I hate anything non-American, it's just what I personally like

Old 01-21-2010, 03:27 AM

Well don't sound so ignorant when you state your preference, you make us all look bad. I like "Made in the U.S.A." on my equipment as much as any other American but I don't make it out like it's fully superior to any counterpart or clone available, and I think others around here would agree that is how you sound when you post on here, like an ignorant arrogant narcissistic American. The whole, "future guns will be this" argument doesn't help either. You sound like someone who spouts white power bullshit all the time and excuses theirself by saying "I have a friend who's black". It sets a bad example for people like Matt and me who like to seek the merit (and fault in some cases) in everything. Watch what you say and how you say it.

@ Matt: Yeah I'd like to have an Inox too but the one available to me was an early American and just not configured how I wanted it. I just started seeing full stainless Italian Inox's NIB too (don't know if they were out of production or just on backorder) so they're around, if not immediately. I really just wanted to trade my S&W and among the local guns, the SB was what I wanted. Oh, my buddy says he wants one too, and he'd punch me in the arm if I got his gun before he did hehehehe.

Last edited by Yournamehere; 01-21-2010 at 03:43 AM.
Old 01-21-2010, 03:43 AM

So my personal preference makes me ignorant? It's not like I'm saying you shouldn't buy gun A because it's from country B or that all foreign things are bad. And for the "white power" bullshit, I am not a racist. In reality, I don't give a damn about a person's race, religion or anything like that. I extremely loathe prejudiced in all shape or form

Old 01-21-2010, 03:56 AM

You clearly missed the point of that analogy.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&Wshooter View Post
I'd rather have American made over anything, with the exception of Belgian guns.......I do not care what you like and there is very little you can say to change what I like......
It's blatantly ignorant and dismissive stuff like that I'm referring to. Regardless, arguing with you is ultimately futile. You're just another kid set in their ways very early, who refuses to accept outside influence, so you can't change or grow. Whatever response, I'm done. I'd rather the thread I put on here to showcase my new gun not turn into a flame war.
Old 01-21-2010, 03:59 AM

Whatever you say

Old 01-24-2010, 09:44 PM

So pretty! Congratulations!