imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 09-11-2009, 03:04 AM

I hate the UN, does that make me an NWO type?
Old 09-11-2009, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdAstra2009 View Post
Nope that makes you smart. Given the number of outright dictatorships in the UN and those sorts need to put people under their thumbs. Frankly the US should stop funding the majority of UN operations. Heck, Should I speak about the UN's corrupt fuckup of a misson in Sierra Leone. Hell some of the top UN people on that mission were backing the rebels...

Any wonder why i like the sight of shot up blue helmets?
Old 09-11-2009, 03:31 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Cause the UN is stupid. They don't help. and America makes up the peacekeeping force. Without the US military, the UN will go the way of the League of Nations that was made after WWI and failed when WWII started

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 09-11-2009, 04:16 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdAstra2009 View Post
Depends on whether or not you're afraid of some gigantic UN conspiracy to take over the world or whatever.

I don't see any reason not to hate the UN...like Rockwolf said, it's full of dictators and radicals. Whenever the UN passes some new resolution condemning the U.S. or Israel, nobody should give two shits about what they say. But I think actually being afraid of the UN is kind of ridiculous. After all, there's not a whole lot they can do. They're impotent and whiny, not powerful and sinister.
Old 09-11-2009, 04:17 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockwolf66 View Post
Any wonder why i like the sight of shot up blue helmets?
Helmets? Most of the UN "peacekeeping forces" I've seen were so ragtag that the most they could afford is blue baseball caps. Maybe the hats have Kevlar inside?
Old 09-11-2009, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkman View Post
Most of them are simpletons and they don't do very well when confronted by somebody who can actually type and present a coherent response. Ever notice how many of them degenerate into name calling and a liberal use of profanity? It's becasue they spend all their time hanging out with people of a similiar mindset and all they do is reinforce each other's opinions.
A lot of them are also nothing but 12 year old kids who think it's "cool" to be anti-American.

Quote:
I also find that once you send them a a couple well written posts they stop responding. Guess they were not prepared to deal with an actual living (Fascist) American.
That's because they buy into the crap about the average American being an uneducated high-school drop-out, but when they find they're up against a well-educated person who's up on a lot of current world political subjects, they hide under a thin veil of "accept my opinion" and cower away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
And don't mention the people who preach about the zionist and NWO about. That shit just annoys me when I run into it
Don't forget the "Jew bankers" argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockwolf66 View Post
Heck, Should I speak about the UN's corrupt fuckup of a misson in Sierra Leone. Hell some of the top UN people on that mission were backing the rebels...
You mean with RUF and all that back in the '90s? Executive Outcomes was doing a better job there anyway. But what do I know? PMCs are "evil"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
I don't see any reason not to hate the UN...like Rockwolf said, it's full of dictators and radicals. Whenever the UN passes some new resolution condemning the U.S. or Israel, nobody should give two shits about what they say. But I think actually being afraid of the UN is kind of ridiculous. After all, there's not a whole lot they can do. They're impotent and whiny, not powerful and sinister.
And pretty spineless, too. They're quick to denounce the US and Israel, but don't say much of anything in response to the Iranian supreme leader's pledge to nuke Israel off the face of the earth...

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 09-11-2009, 04:25 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post

And pretty spineless, too. They're quick to denounce the US and Israel, but don't say much of anything in response to the Iranian supreme leader's pledge to nuke Israel off the face of the earth...
Speaking of denouncing Israel. England is really bending over backwards for the muslims. I mean, they took Israel literally off their maps on Airline flights and in subways, they start taking off Israeli posters but keeping Muslin posters up

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle

Old 09-11-2009, 10:27 PM

Well, now that i see you guys are talking about Israel i will say that the Israeli government does need to back down and start using some good strategies in their little war over there instead of taking the easy road of bombing targets. They should stop shitting all over their "Good Guy in the middle east" image in the west and try to win the hearts and minds of the palestinian people. Stop with that Israeli Settlement bullshit and the bombings. If they really wanted to do something, the Israelis should pull a Afghanistan. Go in there along side the Palestinian Government and fight the Hamas. While doing it, build hospitals, Schools, roads and all that shit. You Know, modernize the place. Most people in Israel and Palestine want peace, they want Israelis and Palestinians to live together. Of course, much like the Cold War in the western countries, The Israeli liberals want peace with Palestine and the Israeli Neo-Conservatives want a Greater Israel and all that bullshit. The same applies to Palestine.

Now to the America-Hating liberals. When 9/11 happened, everybody was going to help American fight terrorism. But when Bush invaded Iraq, stuff went down the shitter and most Governments said that they didn't agree with the justifications to invade Iraq. Then, it became cool and hip for 9 10 to 18 year old kids, both from the US and foreign, that don't know shit about politics, to hate on the United States. You can't do anything about them, really. And gentlemen, please stop reading youtube comments, seriously, i learned a long time ago that you aren't going to find anything but shit in them. The same applies to every website that has a comments section.
Old 09-12-2009, 12:19 AM
IMFDB Admin

Fine, I'll shut up with the rants

Old 09-14-2009, 12:50 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Oliveira View Post
They should stop shitting all over their "Good Guy in the middle east" image in the west and try to win the hearts and minds of the palestinian people. Stop with that Israeli Settlement bullshit and the bombings. If they really wanted to do something, the Israelis should pull a Afghanistan. Go in there along side the Palestinian Government and fight the Hamas. While doing it, build hospitals, Schools, roads and all that shit. You Know, modernize the place. Most people in Israel and Palestine want peace, they want Israelis and Palestinians to live together. Of course, much like the Cold War in the western countries, The Israeli liberals want peace with Palestine and the Israeli Neo-Conservatives want a Greater Israel and all that bullshit. The same applies to Palestine.
Isn't that kind of hard? Contrary to what you've said, many Palestinians do not want "peace"; they just want Israel gone completely. At least, this is the case in Gaza; in the West Bank it's a little more flexible. But "winning over" the Palestinians is really not a very practical goal. I think Fatah's response to Netanyahu's acceptance of the two-state solution is indicative of this. Not to mention that your referring to Fatah as the Palestinian "government" is kind of ridiculous (it's mostly Fatah's fault that pro-Hamas sentiment took hold in Gaza).

I do agree that the settlements should stop (mostly because it's become an extremely convenient excuse for anti-Israelis to use when blaming Israel, and because the Israeli settlers are a bunch of deluded nationalist morons), but I really don't think it makes a difference. The Palestinians are mostly to blame for the conflict, and until they change, I don't think there's very much Israel can do to "win them over".