imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 10-10-2009, 02:22 PM

Default Glock 21 torture test

Found this during a random Google search about Glock pistols. Thought it was interesting.

http://www.theprepared.com/index.php...iew&id=90&Item

And as icing on the cake, the Glock totally pwns an HK!

"Glock. Because HK sucks and they hate us."

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 10-10-2009, 04:29 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

I think the Springfield XD beats the Glock.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 10-10-2009, 07:29 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
I think the Springfield XD beats the Glock.
I'd rather have the G21SF than the XD45. The XD45's grip is a bit too fat and too rectangular for me (which is saying something...because Glock grips are also pretty rectangular, which is why I've never liked them all that much). Come to think of it, even the USP-45 grip is more comfortable than the XD45.

I'm also not a big fan of double-stack .45s in general. In my opinion, 7 rounds is all you need in a .45, maybe one or two extra. A single-stack 1911 or SIG P220 is my ideal .45.
Old 10-11-2009, 12:18 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Well for a .45, I'd prefer a different gun. I'd take an XDM in 9mm with 19+1 rounds over a Glock. if I want a gun in 45. I'd get a 1911 for the classic look. I'd get a USP in .45 but HKs are expensive. You can get an XD in .45 for a lower price than a USP and get better reliability

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle

Old 10-11-2009, 01:02 AM

Being small handed, I'd only opt for a single stack .45, even if ther is a super tortured indestructble block of death available. I still want a 4506 as a counterpart to my heavy maintenance 1911. That reminds me, MT, did you ever get rid of that 4506 of yours?
Old 10-11-2009, 04:28 AM
IMFDB Admin

I think he said only if you live in the same state as him.

I personally don't like the 4506 or any of it's variants. They are kinda fugly to me

Old 10-12-2009, 04:10 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yournamehere View Post
Being small handed, I'd only opt for a single stack .45, even if ther is a super tortured indestructble block of death available. I still want a 4506 as a counterpart to my heavy maintenance 1911. That reminds me, MT, did you ever get rid of that 4506 of yours?
Nope, I still have it. Or rather, my Dad still has it (though I have access to it). I thought I had a potential buyer for a while, but it didn't work out.
Old 10-12-2009, 04:14 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Well for a .45, I'd prefer a different gun. I'd take an XDM in 9mm with 19+1 rounds over a Glock. if I want a gun in 45. I'd get a 1911 for the classic look. I'd get a USP in .45 but HKs are expensive. You can get an XD in .45 for a lower price than a USP and get better reliability
Yeah, but unless you're planning on leaving your gun buried in mud and snow for a month at a time, reliability isn't necessarily the first thing you (as a civvie) should be concerned about. My SIG P226 is extremely accurate and reliable, but that's hardly the reason I bought it. I like SIGs because the shape of the grip and the layout of the controls conforms better to my hand than an XD, or a USP, or a Glock, or just about any other double-stack pistol I've shot. For me, that's the first matter of importance.
Old 10-12-2009, 06:39 PM
IMFDB Admin

Well I feel comfortable with the shape of the grip of an XD than I do with a Glock. And that's my opinion. When I held an XD for the first time, I thought it was a perfect gun. That' how I feel

Old 10-13-2009, 02:25 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Well I feel comfortable with the shape of the grip of an XD than I do with a Glock. And that's my opinion. When I held an XD for the first time, I thought it was a perfect gun. That' how I feel
The XD45 or the 9mm/.40 XD? I don't have as much of a problem with the smaller-caliber XDs, just the XD45.

Anyway, as long as it's a gun that you feel comfortable with, that's what matters. But that's a much more important quality than its ability to endure torture tests that aren't going to ever happen naturally.