imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2010, 12:26 AM

Jake Gyllenhaal's eyes creep me out.

You're every bit the detective that your followers on internet believe - Brainiac, Superman The Animated Series
Old 12-19-2010, 12:51 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
I skip through gun reviews of his, i only watch reviews, i dont watch any of his "how to be tactical" or "surviving SHTF" type stuff. I remember his original xd vs glock he tried everything to put the glock ahead, like using a extended baseplat mag and saying "i have 19 rounds the xd has 16." Well, get a stock mag and its a whopping one more round, and tried to say the whopping 3 ounce weight difference will be a pain.....and says the 5-7 has ultimate firepower over glock due to more bullets, but the 5-7 hits like a 22 mag, and id rather have 9 over that. Firepower isnt how many bullets you have, its how effective those rounds are.I applaud him as one of the first to come out taurus judge bashing.

But please nutn, stop ruining guns with duracoat.

His reviews do show how reliable it is given conditions, has several shooters firing in cousrses getting a feel, he shows accessories, field strip, very thourough, He can just go off on a rant sometimes though.
Yep. You can either have a lot of smaller bullets or a few large ones.

The duracoat deal. I guess he does to "blend in" with his surroundings. But it's actually kind of pointless to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulu Two Six View Post
I like Nutnfancy and i can agree with him on a bunch of things.
But i dont like the fact that:
he is obsessed with weight
capacity
and his videos are sometimes lengthy (but that's okay)
Weight is only going to be a big deal as he makes it out to be if you do a lot of "running and gunning." Or concealed carry. I, like most people, the gun goes from the range bag, it's shot, then goes back into the bag. While it would be cool to set up something like he's got. That would take up a lot of room. I think he shoots on state property. Plus different regions also play a factor.
Quote:
My opinions on gun reviewers online:

Nutnfancy: Very thorough, well done, but long winded and cares too much about weight and a few other silly things, also too into "tactical" guns, does not cover hunting type firearms.

Hickock45: Amusing to watch, he is a EXCELLENT shot, hitting 80 yard targets with a scandium snubby and 200+ yard pistol shots. Not thourough on the guns though, he for entertainment, not learning.\

RugerSix: I really like his reviews, short, to the point, gives impressions on the gun, interested in recreation more than being tactical. Does reviews on obscure guns and cool milsurps. Seems like a very good guy too, the type of person id hang out with.

Gunblast: Horrible bias, you can tell their sponsored, any ruger, taurus or charter arms gun gets a glowing review automatically, not objective and has low integrity.
I'm subscribed to Hickock45 and RugerSix. Aren't Gunblast vids like 2 min long? He shows a quick shooting section and then says he likes it.

I like Pete at theArmoryChannel more than most of them out there. Even though he only keeps a gun for about six months max.

humans4targets2 is good, GunWebsites has done a lot of reviews. Check out Iraqveteran8888 if you haven't already.
Old 12-19-2010, 12:54 AM

I want fried chicken.

You're every bit the detective that your followers on internet believe - Brainiac, Superman The Animated Series
Old 12-19-2010, 12:59 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordfish941 View Post
What do you guys want for Christmas?
A Remington 1100 Tactical would also be nice. But it will probably just be the Springfield.

Last edited by predator20; 06-25-2012 at 07:00 PM.
Old 12-19-2010, 01:10 AM

gunblast is light on videos, they are more text. Thing is there very popular even though there sooooo biased.

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 12-19-2010, 01:10 AM

This is Zooey Deschanel's sex face:

Old 12-19-2010, 02:47 AM

Quote:
gunblast is light on videos, they are more text. Thing is there very popular even though there sooooo biased.
Gwargwar1981 FTW!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSdCmPKe_hc

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 12-19-2010, 02:53 AM

I got a Christmas Tree today!

Old 12-19-2010, 03:43 AM

Restrepo, wow. What a great movie.
Everyone who reads this better go see it or i will kill you.
Old 12-19-2010, 03:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulu Two Six View Post
Restrepo, wow. What a great movie.
Everyone who reads this better go see it or i will kill you.
Try it *cocks shotgun*

http://www.introvertisland.com
Closed Thread