imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 11-22-2009, 06:54 AM

What about the SA80? Yes its a small calibre to you beefy Americans and yes it's only found in England. But the thing is insanely accurate and reliable (thank you bullpup). The insides got a makeover by H&K. And there are civ legal variants you can get your hands on. But like with all things there's a downside. Its kinda awkward to use. The cocking handle is on the right side and is kinda small. Think MP5 but hidden away. But in terms of SHTF it would be perfect for those poodles that are far way.And if on come right up to you, you can smack it with the mag that jutting out. Oh and it uses stanag mags so just find a dead Marine sorry National guard and take his ammo. Heres a link.
Old 11-22-2009, 12:45 PM

I agree, I would not want to have an SA-80. Those things are hideous, even compared to the XM8.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman

Last edited by Spartan198; 11-22-2009 at 01:00 PM.
Old 11-22-2009, 03:00 PM

bullpup=awkward reload, crappy trigger.
Old 11-22-2009, 06:41 PM

I like the SA80.
Old 11-22-2009, 06:46 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugabear View Post
What about the SA80? Yes its a small calibre to you beefy Americans and yes it's only found in England. But the thing is insanely accurate and reliable (thank you bullpup). The insides got a makeover by H&K. And there are civ legal variants you can get your hands on. But like with all things there's a downside. Its kinda awkward to use. The cocking handle is on the right side and is kinda small. Think MP5 but hidden away. But in terms of SHTF it would be perfect for those poodles that are far way.And if on come right up to you, you can smack it with the mag that jutting out. Oh and it uses stanag mags so just find a dead Marine sorry National guard and take his ammo. Heres a link.
The fact that it's found only in England is probably why this author didn't write about it. He's only writing about military rifles that are sold in civvie semi-auto form in the U.S.

The closest I've ever been to the SA80/L85 was at a museum in London, almost three years ago, when I saw one in a display case. I have handled airsoft SA80s, though, if that counts...