imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > imfdb

Old 05-16-2010, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
Ever since Google bought YouTube, they've been totally anal about copyright claims. If somebody made a complaint, they'd probably shut this imposter down with no questions asked.
Do it, then get someone responsible to start up the Youtube channel. That guy's going to be pissed though

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 05-16-2010, 04:53 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Since Bunni controls the site, we should let him do it and have some of the admins have the password to change things and put things up on it.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 10-13-2010, 01:47 AM

Default ..

Posers are at it again, Nothing real harmful but still....

If you can't find it edit>find>IMFDB

http://www.firearmyourself.com/firea...ct-review.html

http://crystalmind.com/newsdesk/deja-vu-part-4/

Maybe a notice should be posted that the only place that IMFDB operates is the actual IMFDB website....
Old 01-17-2012, 02:11 PM

2 years later and we still haven't squashed this.

http://www.youtube.com/user/IMFDB/feed?filter=2
Old 01-17-2012, 07:44 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Well Bunni really owns the site. If he hasn't taken action, we can't do anything about it.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle

Old 04-06-2012, 07:40 PM
IMFDB Admin

I've just bumped into this user on Youtube again. Apparently he's been busy making comments to a lot of vids. I know this is the age where comments come and go but anything this guy writes down can potentially reflect badly to the site

Old 04-07-2012, 12:37 AM

Which is why we need to do something about this.
Old 04-07-2012, 12:42 AM
IMFDB Admin

I actually tried talking to the guy and he's really defensive about it. Here are the responses I got from him.

"
I don't see how my latest comments are related to ur website. I prefer actually giving people tips about equipment and techniques that actually work in harsh adrenalized environments while ur website mostly sticks to identifying guns without any life saving reputation. I no longer see a point to identifying guns in movies. I've moved on to a realistic and applied area of weapons manipulation as should you.

My intention is not to pose as your website official. I'd rather not have any irresponsible user take the name and tarnish ur websites impression on the gun community. U should consider urself lucky an irrational kid doesn't have this account name.

I'll clearly state to them that I don't have any affiliation with you what so ever as I've been doing for the last year. Trust me I've seen the replies. Only 1% off people that reply to me recognize that website. It's not like ur name has a trademark of gets me thumbs up on my comments.

"

Yeah, this guy's a bit annoying.

Old 04-07-2012, 01:23 AM

Yeah, he sounds like a moron...

Well at the very least like you said earlier we should probably look into making a placeholder channel.
Old 04-07-2012, 04:00 AM
IMFDB Admin

But it's kinda hard with this guy using it