imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Guns & Movies

Old 02-08-2011, 05:25 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Al just sent me the pics. I'll post em in a little while. Say thanks again to Al!
Old 02-08-2011, 07:54 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Thanks Al! You're awesome and have one of the best jobs in the world.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 02-09-2011, 03:17 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Old 02-09-2011, 03:44 AM

Interesting that there are vent ribs on that barrel on top of the light/shotgun combo, and are those rounds in the cylinder?.

I actually heard from a friend that Taurus was in development for a 28 Gauge Judge, but since (and this goes for all the lol versions you guys have made up) it would be chambered for a "real" shotgun caliber, it would have to be labeled as a destructive device and regulated as such. Oh well, I guess we'll just have to fire shotgun shells out of... shotguns.

Last edited by Yournamehere; 02-09-2011 at 03:46 AM.
Old 02-09-2011, 03:52 AM

taurus made the 28 gauge judge, all 72 ounces of it.

the 629/cooey is pretty goofy

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 02-09-2011, 04:03 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

It maybe goofy, but if you're about to get mug and pull that from your coat? The thug's gonna run away shitting his pants

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 02-09-2011, 04:27 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yournamehere View Post
Interesting that there are vent ribs on that barrel on top of the light/shotgun combo, and are those rounds in the cylinder?
Those are scope mounting brackets, this is the newest model of 629 with built in scope mounts, like the Ruger Super Redhawk. And I'm guessing they loaded dummy rounds in the gun for the pics. Not unheard of.

Al sent me the pics too, here's the other ones, including the one that shows how it operated. I'm guessing the mounting bracket does the job that the forend is supposed to do to hold it together.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg REDS&W629CooeyShotgun-1.jpg (68.1 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg REDS&W629CooeyShotgun-3.jpg (66.0 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg REDS&W629CooeyShotgun-4.jpg (82.3 KB, 4 views)
Old 02-09-2011, 04:37 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmaster45 View Post
Those are scope mounting brackets, this is the newest model of 629 with built in scope mounts, like the Ruger Super Redhawk. And I'm guessing they loaded dummy rounds in the gun for the pics. Not unheard of.

Al sent me the pics too, here's the other ones, including the one that shows how it operated. I'm guessing the mounting bracket does the job that the forend is supposed to do to hold it together.
Oh, whoops, I posted the others, too, but only on the "Red" IMFDB page. I just didn't include them in my forum post.
Old 02-09-2011, 05:01 AM
IMFDB Admin

Hopefully it'll be okay with you guys, the RED page is not done very thoroughly, and while I don't have bluray, I make sure, with questionable sanity that EVERY gun I see in the movie is IDed properly and would like to update the page. I have my caps brightened and sharpened to the best of quality (so they don't look muddy and boring), have found at least 10 guns not currently on the page, and plan to go through and ID as many of the armoreries (plural! ugh) guns as possible. Anybody have a problem with that? I also grabbed some shots from deleted scenes (Willis uses an AKMSU with the AKS-74U kit mod). Worse comes to worse, save over my caps with bluray, but my wrath shall be done!