imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 05-08-2011, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
Yeah, but .50 BMG is way too expensive for that. I did a quick Google search and found one retailer selling 100 rounds for $300 (though I can't claim to know any better deals, since I don't shoot .50-cal and have never tried to buy that ammo). If you don't own or shoot a .50 BMG rifle, it makes a lot more sense to just buy dummies that someone else has made from expended brass. The two dummy .50 rounds I own cost me a dollar - it was a two-for-one deal, which is common at gun shows.

I don't think mine do. I'm not at my place right now, but when I get home, I'll take them out and check to see if they have those holes. Do you mean in the side of the case?
That's what I said I have two US Millitary issue .50 BMG training dummy rounds.
Old 05-08-2011, 05:26 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockwolf66 View Post
That's what I said I have two US Millitary issue .50 BMG training dummy rounds.
Not sure if mine are military issue, but I'm looking at 'em now, and mine don't have holes anywhere.
Old 05-08-2011, 09:27 PM

1) Nobody's banned dummy rounds specifically. It's illegal for Americans to export .50 BMG, and two different companies have refused to ship to Canada. I'm just assuming that's why, it might be coincidence. They might just be acting overcautiously.

2) I've looked at a lot of different dummies over the past month, some of them have holes in the side, some don't. Some have fired primers, some have no primers (I think one had fake unfired primers). Some you can get in a linked belt, most are singles. One has 'Barnes' engraved on the side.

3) I've decided not to get the ones from Cabela's. The store is a lot further out of my way then I thought it was, and they're stupid expensive anyway. They're not something I desperately need, it'd just be cool. Two companies saying 'you no can haz' only made me want them more, so I thought I'd see if anybody here knows.