imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 07-29-2009, 09:59 PM
IMFDB Admin

Yeah that would suck. Women can try to change me all they want, I will never be torn from my guns.

It's good to have a girl who lets you do what you like and not try to control you.
Old 08-01-2009, 02:20 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

I think a recent movie with guns that surprised me with the cliche "click" to tell gun is empty sound was Push. You'd expect a recent movie to at least lock their slides when empty but when I heard the clicking but no slide lock, it just pissed me off. Where did Hollywood get the notion that guns click empty instead of slide lock?

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 08-01-2009, 02:30 AM

Apparently it's supposed to be more suspenseful, because some kind of dramatic music seemingly always follows the trigger click.

Personally I always thought seeing the slide lock back was more surreal. Heck, they could even put the dramatic music in if they wanted.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 08-01-2009, 02:33 AM
IMFDB Admin

Some people show the gun lock empty AND the click, even though the trigger is disconnected and the only "click" would be almost inaudible. I guess non-gun people can't tell a locked open gun is empty unless it clicks.
Old 08-01-2009, 03:50 AM

I remember watching the remake of "House On Haunted Hill" on tv a few years back, and there is a scene where they are given pistols, SIGs, or lookalikes. They are discussing how they can't tell if the pistols are loaded with blanks, or not because the magazines are welded to the pistol. I'm yelling at the tv, that they're auto-loaders! Just push the slide back slightly, and look at the cartridge. Either the person that wrote that doesn't know anything about pistols, or he didn't care.

One of the boldest scenes had to be in "Phantoms". There is a scene in the Police station where they are talking about how the dead Deputy fired his weapon, and they show the expended rounds. Three expended blank rounds, not expended 9mm's casings, but blank rounds!

David.
Old 08-01-2009, 03:59 AM
IMFDB Admin

Epic fail.
Old 08-01-2009, 04:30 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

How hard is it to get 3 brass that isn't from a blank? Too easy, just ask the armorors

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”