imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > imfdb

Old 03-22-2010, 05:57 PM
IMFDB Admin

I can tell everyone for sure that M2 Carbines were used on Indiana Jones IV along with M1 Carbines. The one that Harrison Ford had in his hands was an M2 and I had control of those weapons in the warehouse scene.

Ellis Mercantile had three transferable M2 Carbines, two of them were M1's with M2 kits and one was marked M2.

Gibbons Ltd had several registered M2 kits which were put on M1's when they were needed.

Other Armories in LA have M2 Kits that are post-86 but have not seen marked M2's. The markings on them are so small it would not be seen on camera unless they wanted to see those marking specifically.

Although I have knowledge of the other armories I can not mention there names as they are still in operation and Ellis and Gibbons are no longer operating.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:25 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixent View Post
I can tell everyone for sure that M2 Carbines were used on Indiana Jones IV along with M1 Carbines. The one that Harrison Ford had in his hands was an M2 and I had control of those weapons in the warehouse scene.

Ellis Mercantile had three transferable M2 Carbines, two of them were M1's with M2 kits and one was marked M2.

Gibbons Ltd had several registered M2 kits which were put on M1's when they were needed.

Other Armories in LA have M2 Kits that are post-86 but have not seen marked M2's. The markings on them are so small it would not be seen on camera unless they wanted to see those marking specifically.

Although I have knowledge of the other armories I can not mention there names as they are still in operation and Ellis and Gibbons are no longer operating.
Awesome, thanks for the info!
Old 03-22-2010, 07:36 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixent View Post

Thanks! Its great to get that confirmation for that movie page! Woo hoo!

Per the original post, I knew there were more M2s (and kits) back in the day. I miss those days and was sad to see so many of the big guys go Of course, also knowing how many screen-used Title II guns were sold off to individuals in others states via Dan S. still makes me sad. The history is there, its just spread out all over the country.

On a side note, the original film project that asked for so many M2s (which was what prompted the inquiries to begin with months ago) ended up using airsoft M2s and digitially CGIed the gun flashes in, Eagahhhh!!!!!
Old 03-22-2010, 07:45 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

It took a while for me to learn that there is an M2 carbine in select fire.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 03-22-2010, 07:49 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
It took a while for me to learn that there is an M2 carbine in select fire.
Didn't you know. We were all running around with M2 BMGs! Boy are those heavy! LOL!!!!!!!!
Old 03-22-2010, 07:57 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

I've known about the M2 Browning. It's hard to not know about them. I'm just saying seeing M1 Carbines and then later variants with 30 round mags. I didn't know it's a select fire and called M2

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 04-19-2010, 12:37 PM

Just checked the stock, we have 4 M2 that are stamped.