imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Guns & Movies

Old 08-10-2009, 10:47 PM

I guess I'd be the guy with the giant ass wrench that tweaks anything and everything he sees. I've only done 3 full pages, all of which are good, but I fix anything that's wrong with any page. Formatting, grammar, incorrect identification, whatever. I'm the repairman.
Old 08-10-2009, 10:56 PM

The Enginner. Doesn't help that you have a redneck accent.

Old 08-11-2009, 12:38 AM

I'm not an engineer, not do I have a "redneck" accent. You'd know that if you'd actually heard me. Ever.
Old 08-11-2009, 01:37 AM

But i never heard you. And i could swear you said in your profile that you were from the South. Well, everybody makes mistakes i guess.
Old 08-11-2009, 02:21 AM
IMFDB Admin

I think you're thinking of me, since I'm from the South and draw house plans. Yes I do some engineering also.
Old 08-11-2009, 03:22 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by predator20 View Post
AVP Requiem? Man that movie sucked. That one actress from 24 trying to be Sigourney Weaver, no point in even trying. She's wasn't bad in 24 though. Doing a Steven Seven Seagal film, definitely crap work. Seagal use to be considered bad ass back in the day though.
Yeah, both "Half Past Dead" and "AvP: Requiem" are terrible movies (the former moreso, IMO), but at least by IDing the guns for you, I've saved you the trouble of having to watch the movie and determine if the guns justify the price (even sitting through a showing of the movie on USA).
Old 08-11-2009, 05:06 AM
IMFDB Admin

Yeah, I couldn't believe they topped the first AVP when the second one came out. I thought the first one was bad enough.

And the glaring amount of gun mistakes in AVP 2 (such as continuity errors and ammo capacity) drove me crazy.

Not to mention the movie was just in terrible taste. The first victims are a father and his son? Sick. The PredAlien impregnates an entire hospital full of pregnant women? WTF?! What sick bastard goes to a movie to see stuff like this?
Old 08-11-2009, 02:08 PM

Goth kids. And anarchists. And twelve year olds. Yeah, a lot of people would watch shit like that. Mostly stupid assholes like the guys i mentioned.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:53 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmaster45 View Post
And the glaring amount of gun mistakes in AVP 2 (such as continuity errors and ammo capacity) drove me crazy.
Huh? Of all the bad things I could say about AvP:R (and there's a lot of stuff to hate about it), I don't remember any obvious gun continuity errors. And I have an eye for that kind of stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmaster45 View Post
Not to mention the movie was just in terrible taste. The first victims are a father and his son? Sick. The PredAlien impregnates an entire hospital full of pregnant women? WTF?! What sick bastard goes to a movie to see stuff like this?
Beats the hell outta me. That's the reason I hate sci-fi/horror movies nowadays (not that I liked them much to begin with)...it seems like they go out of their way to just gross out the audiences with the most revolting, depraved shit imaginable, rather than taking time to build the tension that leads to genuine shock. It's because too many directors are unimaginative hacks.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:01 AM

All horror movies are the same, no variety, no originality. Thats why I dont watch....well.....any of them.