imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 09-26-2017, 04:12 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Since Aliens was the last good Aliens film, the rule should just be "Stop when James Cameron bails".
Old 09-27-2017, 02:31 AM

Genisys wasn't nearly as bad as reviews made it out to be. But if they're retconning a second movie out of continuity, I think they really need to just lay the franchise to rest.

And while I do like Genisys, I've always felt that Salvation was the perfect ending point as events had come full circle with John finally finding Reese and giving him the photo of Sarah.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 09-27-2017, 03:27 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
Genisys wasn't nearly as bad as reviews made it out to be. But if they're retconning a second movie out of continuity, I think they really need to just lay the franchise to rest.

And while I do like Genisys, I've always felt that Salvation was the perfect ending point as events had come full circle with John finally finding Reese and giving him the photo of Sarah.
Eh, gave up on Salvation when the terminator worms appeared and since then it's joined my physical copy of Doom 3 in being used as a coaster.
Old 09-27-2017, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Tim View Post
Eh, gave up on Salvation when the terminator worms appeared and since then it's joined my physical copy of Doom 3 in being used as a coaster.
You mean the Hydro Bots? What's wrong with them? Humans have been building underwater robots for decades.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 09-27-2017, 05:52 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
You mean the Hydro Bots? What's wrong with them? Humans have been building underwater robots for decades.
I dunno, I just got to them attacking the helicopter and some part of my brain said "no, this is stupid."
Old 09-27-2017, 02:39 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

I think because Salvation came out after Transformers 1 and there was that famous scene with Scorponok and it was just like this slinky robot thing

What bothers me all the time with Terminator is why would machines think the "head" of a robot is the best place for the CPU when clearly a spot deeper in the torso that's protected by more metal is the better place.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 09-27-2017, 03:43 PM

I really liked Salvation. It should have either been the ending point as mentioned above. Or, in a perfect world, been the first movie of the trilogy about the actual war.

Tired of the time travel parts. I want to see John Connor leading the Resistance and killed T-600s.
Old 09-27-2017, 03:55 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

That does sound like a nice end to 3 movies. Cap off the story with the loop. John meets his dad, saves his life and starts teaching him things and the movie fast forwards and ending to where he sends his dad back in time and we loop to remastered footage of Terminator 1 and that's the loop. No need for any more sequels or in betweens or retcons

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 09-28-2017, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Tim View Post
Doom 3 is fun if you use cheats and do a chainsaw only run tho

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 09-28-2017, 02:22 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
I think because Salvation came out after Transformers 1 and there was that famous scene with Scorponok and it was just like this slinky robot thing

What bothers me all the time with Terminator is why would machines think the "head" of a robot is the best place for the CPU when clearly a spot deeper in the torso that's protected by more metal is the better place.
I suppose it's possible that the CPU is in the head since the puny humans will aim for the CoM to hit the powerpack, so Skynet might be able to recover the undamaged head of a destroyed "veteran" Terminator and stick it on a new body. Plus a Terminator's skull could be a pretty solid chunk of metal since it doesn't need to contain much else, might even be more effective armour on the skull than the chest since the chest needs to devote a lot of space to the powerpack and arm and waist actuators. You see when John takes out T-101's CPU in T2 that it's buried right down in there and the skull is otherwise more or less solid.