imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > imfdb

Old 12-29-2010, 05:59 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

The problem is that most Airsoft are so real looking that it is next to impossible to tell at a side glance that it is an Airsoft rifle or not. You could hold up an M4 and an Airsoft M4 side to side and could not tell the difference.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 12-29-2010, 06:56 PM

Make sure also that there is a precedent that the assumption is that the firearm is real and is NOT airsoft unless proven otherwise.
Old 12-30-2010, 01:18 AM

I'm really starting to hate airsoft...I cant research any guns online anymore without running into page after page of airsoft crap. When you go to reviews of products you have people talking about these products like they are the real thing and it take three of four paragraph before you realize they are talking about a toy. I look for a acessories for my firearms and i have to check and double check to make sure they are for real guns. But as far as movies go i believe if you can prove its a airsoft then mention it in the discription like i did in the Faster page but i see no need for their own page. Just my two cents.
Old 12-30-2010, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spades of Columbia View Post
I'm really starting to hate airsoft...I cant research any guns online anymore without running into page after page of airsoft crap.
That makes two of us, that is one thing that I would not miss if they banned it.
Old 12-30-2010, 08:46 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Hey hey, Airsoft was what made me interested in real guns in the first place and I've made many fans playing with others

Saying that you don't like them and want them banned because of the internet and you can't seem to find anything on the fact that they clog the searches is a bit harsh and short sighted. There are those in the government trying to ban airsoft in the US as a stepping stone on the path to banning guns because they see the ease of access to Airsoft and the realism of them a threat.

If paintball became just as realistic as Airsoft, you would want them banned as well if they made more paintball guns look like M16s and give the same amount of customization to them, you'd be just as annoyed.

And maybe because you keep running into Airsoft through internet searches is because you weren't specific enough. When I type in AR-15 on google, I don't get a ton of hits of Airsoft websites, I get gun websites. If I type in EoTech sight or ACOG, I get the real deal and not Airsoft pages about them,

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle

Old 01-01-2011, 04:03 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
Hey hey, Airsoft was what made me interested in real guns in the first place and I've made many fans playing with others

Saying that you don't like them and want them banned because of the internet and you can't seem to find anything on the fact that they clog the searches is a bit harsh and short sighted. There are those in the government trying to ban airsoft in the US as a stepping stone on the path to banning guns because they see the ease of access to Airsoft and the realism of them a threat.

If paintball became just as realistic as Airsoft, you would want them banned as well if they made more paintball guns look like M16s and give the same amount of customization to them, you'd be just as annoyed.

And maybe because you keep running into Airsoft through internet searches is because you weren't specific enough. When I type in AR-15 on google, I don't get a ton of hits of Airsoft websites, I get gun websites. If I type in EoTech sight or ACOG, I get the real deal and not Airsoft pages about them,
I don't think he meant to be taken so literally.
Old 01-04-2011, 03:41 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Can I at least add the Classic Army airsoft rifles to the M16 page? Those look at least somewhat distinctive (because of the receiver markings), and it looks like those are becoming armorers' favorite replicas ARs in non-firing scenes these days.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:13 PM
IMFDB Admin

That's what I've been suggesting.

Old 01-04-2011, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
Can I at least add the Classic Army airsoft rifles to the M16 page? Those look at least somewhat distinctive (because of the receiver markings), and it looks like those are becoming armorers' favorite replicas ARs in non-firing scenes these days.
You are not taking into account the idiots who will see that and think it is OK to start adding pages for every airsoft gun

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 01-04-2011, 04:19 PM
IMFDB Admin

I forgot about that. Maybe we should make just one seperate page that talks about Airsoft and makes mention and then show several images of different airsoft rifles.