imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Guns & Movies

Old 10-27-2009, 09:04 AM
Ryder

Default The Hitcher Remake: Gun ID

I'm a big fan of this movie, but kinda new to the Gun IDing type of thing. I only know certain ones. Lol. Anyway, I was wondering if any of you guys could help me out in identifying one of the guns used in the movie. The pics are kinda big, so I'll just post links. I was thinking Beretta 92 FS...actually I'm pretty certain now that I look over it all. Lol. Wanted to make sure....

http://i38.tinypic.com/9ieo1i.jpg

http://i37.tinypic.com/2qd05qt.jpg

http://i33.tinypic.com/309re5s.jpg

Much thanks in advance!

Last edited by Ryder; 10-27-2009 at 09:54 AM.
Old 10-27-2009, 01:00 PM
IMFDB Admin

Yeah it's a Beretta 92FS INOX. I prefer the original Hitcher, the remake wasn't that bad I guess though.
Old 10-27-2009, 08:50 PM

I usually like remakes, but The Hitcher remake is very much inferior to the original.

The original was much more cinematic and had a more epic feel to it.
Old 10-27-2009, 08:52 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

The past remake movies that came out over this decade weren't as good as the original.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 10-27-2009, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
The past remake movies that came out over this decade weren't as good as the original.
Well I loved the Dawn of the Dead Remake, and the trailer for "The Crazies" remake actually looks pretty good.
Old 10-27-2009, 09:10 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Ok the Dawn of the Dead remake was pretty good.

The Day the Earth Stood Still was not that good. War of the Worlds was not that good, to name a couple.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 10-29-2009, 10:59 PM
Formerly "Checkman"
IMFDB Admin

I thought the original Hitcher was better. but in my case it might be nostalgia. I was eighteen and took my girlfriend to see it in 1986 - scared the hell out of me at the time. That and the fact that I like the director. He's directed all the Tom Selleck Jessie Stone movies. Anyhow I like the original because of all the revolver action. Even at the time it was made it had more of a seventies horror vibe than a mid-eighties slasher flick.

As a kid I always liked the hardcore scare stories that they made so many of in the sixties and seventies. You know the type. There is always a couple or a solitary protaganist who are out in the middle of nowhere and they're being pursued by a cult, crazed killer etc. Most of those movies were B-flicks and had lots of action. Gunplay was pretty standard and the guns actually worked against the bad guys. In addition to gunplay there were high speed chases and explosions. American International Pictures made alot of them. Sometimes the goodguys made it and sometimes they didn't.

That's what the original Hitcher reminds me of.
Old 10-30-2009, 01:32 AM

I love the original Hitcher, I just liked the Epic and Western feel it had to it.

I knew the second I heard the retarded Indy music in the beginning of the remake that it was going to be crap.
Old 10-30-2009, 01:44 AM

Dawn of the Dead wasn't really a remake of the original, aside from the mall as a setting not much was similar.